• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin.com Today: Celebrating 15 years of unraveling Angels Baseball, one thread at a time

AngelsWin.com

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Yeah, I was part of the OMB group.  Not sure how long after launch we came over.  I feel like you came to the OMB pretty soon after launch to promote it.

I was on the Old MLB site as well, same screen name. Went back about a year before it shut down and some jackass had my account banned. 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Yeah, I was part of the OMB group.  Not sure how long after launch we came over.  I feel like you came to the OMB pretty soon after launch to promote it.

I think I came over here a little later from the OMB when it became clear that the MLB caretakers were asleep at the wheel. 

18 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I need to look deep into our old scouting reports and circle back. 

Sorta funny, that's where I first came across your stuff -- you were doing a fantasy baseball site of some kind and had linked to it on the Scout boards.   Time flies.   

You and everyone else here since the beginning deserve a lot of props for creating and cultivating the forum.  Kudos to all of you.

I took a while to get here, Tank had been on me for a long time to come over.   

So, thanks Tank!

Edited by Inside Pitch

I wasn’t here at the very beginning but pretty shortly after.  I got an email invite from Chuck.  I am assuming he saw me post either on ESPN, the OMB or he saw me in a baseball chat room on AOL.  Even after I was a member here it took me years to post regularly.  I think what really lead me to searching out fan content was the night Vladdy signed with the Angels.  I wanted to read all about rumors and such.  Thanks Chuck!  

1 hour ago, HaloNArizona said:

image.jpeg.0efeb936132fd6b83b47872097dd768a.jpeg

Chuck and the AW staff....Thank you for the last 15 years.  It has been a pleasure to be apart of this wild ride.  The content on this site if fantastic, the people here are outstanding.  Great knowledge, great interviews and insight.

Thank you to all that makes this happen.

Thank you, Craig! You can "Craig" this thread in the future, I won't mind. :) 

joseph gordon levitt wink GIF

• Chuck featured and pinned this topic
On 2/15/2019 at 1:29 PM, AngelsWin.com said:

blog-article.png?w=1000&h=1000

By Geoff Stoddart, Director of Social Media

Before there was Facebook.  Before there was Twitter.  Before there was SnapChat or Instagram, there was AngelsWin.com.

In February of 2004, Charles Richter launched the website as a way for Angels fans around the country and around the world to stay connected to the team they loved and discuss topics that impacted them.

What started out as a simple message board & blog grew into a news and reporting outlet, also being rewarded with a Major League Baseball media credential by the Angels.  Correspondence from AngelsWin have participated in such team events and press conferences as the introduction for Albert Pujols, the contract extension for Mike Trout and the welcome Shohei Ohtani, to name just a few.  Over the years, the site has been recognized by Forbes, Fox Sports, ESPN, MLB Network, Japan Times, Washington Post, MLB Trade Rumors, local media outlets in the Orange County Register and LA Times and Angels Broadcast crews over the air for their reporting and insights.

The site has also hosted many fan events, including Spring and Summer Fanfests where they’ve had such guests as Arte Moreno, Tim Salmon, Don Baylor, Kole Calhoun, ex-GM Jerry Dipoto, Victor Rojas, Jose Mota, Terry Smith, Rex Hudler, Steve Physioc and Tim Mead.

As AngelsWin looks to the future, they will continue to provide the news, the stats, information and fan events.  But at its core, AngelsWin will always continue to be an online community forum that launched the site and as a result has forged many lifelong friendships & memories.

AngelsWin.com: The internet home for Angels fans – where fans can cheer, argue, laugh, complain and discuss the team they love.

So a toast to 15 great years and another toast to 15 more.  Go Angels!

antonio banderas toasting GIF by Amazon Studios

View the full article

Still cannot believe it has been 15 years. 

I used to be on the old AOL site years ago and somehow life got in the way of following Angel baseball on the ‘net.  

For some reason a couple months ago I just happened to come across your site Chuck and it’s been nothing but amazing.  

I felt I knew quite a bit about the Angels after attending games for so long but I found out I didn’t know squat after reading what the staff and the experienced posters here post.  It’s simply amazing and I hope to be able to meet a few of the posters some day at a game or at a future fan fest.

Congratulations on 15 years and keep up the great work.