• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Democratic Field

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

It is running out of money to cover those that paid into it. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/12/business/social-security-shortfall-2020.html

Well maybe you shouldn't elect people who would rather spend 7 trillion to kill 1 million Iraqi's and Afgani's instead of taking care of Americans.

The problem isn't that government screwed it up.  Were just at a point where less people are putting money into it and more are taking out of it. We may need to raise taxes in order to fix it. And 77% of Americans approve of raising taxes in order to keep the program if necessary.

22 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Well maybe you shouldn't elect people who would rather spend 7 trillion to kill 1 million Iraqi's and Afgani's instead of taking care of Americans.

The problem isn't that government screwed it up.  Were just at a point where less people are putting money into it and more are taking out of it. We may need to raise taxes in order to fix it. And 77% of Americans approve of raising taxes in order to keep the program if necessary.

No one likes Tulsi tho

21 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Look at your first sentence. You are accusing the government of screwing up. Lol at 77%. How come I am never surveyed with these? 

3 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Voters seem to dislike her the most. 

There has to be a reason why that is. I find it tough to believe that they like Biden in cognitive decline over her. 

Edited by Jason

Just now, Jason said:

There has to be a reason why that is. I find it tough to believe that they like Biden in cognitive decline over her. 

We are all easily susceptible to tribalism and media influence. You get some blue check marks and talking heads to throw "Russia" and "Asset" around and its all over 

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Latest poll has Biden leading Sanders by 24% in Michigan.

Bye-bye Bernie.

Apparently "poles" in MI can be unreliable. I was reading Hillary had a similar lead in 2016, and Bernie ended up winning the state. I guess we'll find out tomorrow though. 

Just now, Jason said:

Yeah it is crazy. After all, Donald Trump got elected. Voters are strange 

There's the answer to your question. Dem voters hate Trump, and see Biden as the best possible chance of beating him. 

Is he serious? From one swamp to another.

Associated Press

• As former Vice President Joe Biden picks up steam in the 2020 Democratic contest, his inner circle has begun making a list of people to appoint to Cabinet roles and other top positions, Axios reported.

• Among the names floated: former New York mayor Mike Bloomberg at the World Bank, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren as Treasury Secretary, and former South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg as UN ambassador or the US trade representative.

• Biden is also reportedly considering JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon and Bank of America vice chairman Anne Finucane for senior positions at Treasury.

I think the terrible truth is that corporate media has so much power over these things that any amount or organizing or grass roots mobilization can quite easily be blunted by it.  Also, young people just don’t participate in the electoral process to a sufficient degree.  We need national and state wide holidays to help with that.  

anyway @Jasonis right.  Joe Biden being the guy the party has mobilized around is a horrible indictment of the party.  I don’t believe this Michigan poll.  I do think Bernie will be competitive there.  But the overall situation is what it is. 

Truly, the powers that be in the Democratic Party think that making a primary issue out of the number of women directors in Hollywood is a bigger issue then healthcare, a bigger issue then the ongoing issue evisceration of the power of labor.  And it’s because they don’t want to wield power.  They don’t care about it.  They just want to be the not republicans.  

46 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Associated Press

• As former Vice President Joe Biden picks up steam in the 2020 Democratic contest, his inner circle has begun making a list of people to appoint to Cabinet roles and other top positions, Axios reported.

• Among the names floated: former New York mayor Mike Bloomberg at the World Bank, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren as Treasury Secretary, and former South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg as UN ambassador or the US trade representative.

• Biden is also reportedly considering JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon and Bank of America vice chairman Anne Finucane for senior positions at Treasury.

Repulsive.  And Liz Warren is such a fucking charlatan. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

Associated Press

I agree. Don't like any of those choices. We don't need someone bending over for the UN or on trade negotiations.

18 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

You're clearly a sexist Bernie Bro, and racist against Native Americans,  no less.

I just think about Ted Cruz and the things that Trump said about him.  Compare that with Warren who Sanders has never said a word about.  Whining about what people say online etc.  

consider Cruz’s dedication the conservative project.  Given everything that happened in that 2016 campaign.  Say what you will about Ted Cruz.  But on some level he’s truly dedicated.  That is admirable.  

It just goes back to problem of the Democratic Party.  There’s no ideology.  And the reality is that they’re actively hostile to the left.  It can’t be more clear then it is now. And as far as Warren.....she has greatly damaged perhaps the best chance that the American left has had to asset itself in the last 60 years.  She’s selfish.  And she’s proven that she doesn’t care about the things that she built her political career around.  Fuck her.  I’d say it to her fucking face. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Cruz is one of a few conservative good guys. I wish he had one but trump may have been better choice just because he has a wider appeal. Would have been interesting to see the hate come at Cruz. Christian values May be the only thing the left  hates more than trump. A little odd since God only has 10 laws and the dems want massive laws and regulations from politicians. Of course God doesn’t have the historical perspective and knowledge of modern day progressives. He just an old boomer 

11 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

How can I bring myself to vote for this guy?

I think this dude’s anger is misdirected. First of all he probably never should have went into the military. If you go into the service expect that you’ll be sent into a war or other ugly situations. Second, Biden voted based on intel that was presented to Congress. I think he should be more upset with the Bush admin and his commanding officers. 

Edited by Jason

7 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Cruz is one of a few conservative good guys. I wish he had one but trump may have been better choice just because he has a wider appeal. Would have been interesting to see the hate come at Cruz. Christian values May be the only thing the left  hates more than trump. A little odd since God only has 10 laws and the dems want massive laws and regulations from politicians. Of course God doesn’t have the historical perspective and knowledge of modern day progressives. He just an old boomer 

How many of those 10 laws of god do you think Trump has broken? Without looking, I'm going to guess at least 7.