• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jo Adell Comps

robblin17

2 hours ago, robblin17 said:

Thanks to everyone for the contributions. 

It's just that we have had the same conversation over and over again in the minor league thread. As soon as you posted it, I could've told you what would happen. 

- You'd get a Justin Upton comp

- Some people would think that's too low.

- Fletch would roll in to remind everyone that Justin Upton is better than 98% of all prospects he's ever been compared to.

- Some folks would throw out George Springer as a comp.

- Some posters would jokingly yet not not jokingly call it racist that Jo Adell is compared to a bunch of black players. 

- Then there's a lot of "he's this guy, but faster" or "this guy, but stronger"

AND IF IT HASN NOT HAPPENED YET, YOU CAN EXPECT THREE MORE REPONSES....

1. The poster that says let's wait until he actually hits in the upper minors before making predictions.

2. Torii Hunter comp.

3. Someone is going to say "Brown Trout"

------If these three things haven't happened by tomorrow evening, I'll just roll in and say them myself.

6 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Justin Upton? The way this board talks about him, he better be way way way better. He's almost freaking untouchable here.

Because most people are ignorant about Justin Upton, pretty simple.  I will go out on a limb and say we will be very lucky if Adell ends up having Upton’s career.  

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

Justin Upton? The way this board talks about him, he better be way way way better. He's almost freaking untouchable here.

It’s awesome how people on this board talk about an a multi time all star player who’s basically guaranteed to hit 30 bombs with at least an .800 OPS.  As if he’s some meh commodity.  

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s awesome how people on this board talk about an a multi time all star player who’s basically guaranteed to hit 30 bombs with at least an .800 OPS.  As if he’s some meh commodity.  

Maybe because he was absolutely atrocious with runners in scoring position last year.

15 hours ago, Taylor said:

Haha, that was from me. For some reason, Justin Upton doesn't seem that exciting of a comp. An .800 OPS guy with better-than-average power isn't as exciting as the hype surrounding Adell.

Sounds good, but the way people were saying he was untouchable I thought he had an even higher ceiling.

13 minutes ago, Jay said:

I try to stay away from the minor league thread. That's where all the AW brainwashing begins.

That makes a ton of sense.  I mean, who wouldn’t want to know what is coming up from the farm?  I mean if you are weak enough to believe that every single one of them is going to be what Scotty says they will be, then it is probably best you ignore that thread all together.  Thank you for that.