• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Biden

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Get ready for shit to get even more expensive.  Because I've never heard it ever uttered once, hey they raised taxes on us, let's take it out of stockholder profits and dividends.  It's just going to get passed on down to the consumer.

Biden seeks $2.5T in corporate tax hikes to fully pay for infrastructure

It's still lower than it was when Trump came in to office, and you're not living in the real world if you think taxes aren't going to go up. Say what you will about the infrastructure plan but attempting to pay for it with a tax rate roll back on corporations is probably the one responsible thing the Dems are doing.

30 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It's still lower than it was when Trump came in to office, and you're not living in the real world if you think taxes aren't going to go up. Say what you will about the infrastructure plan but attempting to pay for it with a tax rate roll back on corporations is probably the one responsible thing the Dems are doing.

I may be alone here but I think they should lower all taxes and cut way back on spending 

To Biden's credit his plan includes a way to pay for some of the plan instead of cutting taxes and raising spending like Trump did.  Perhaps some day they can address the ridiculous amount we spend on the military but I don't think either side has the appetite for that.  In the mean time I’m fine with someone finally addressing infrastructure spending. 

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

I may be alone here but I think they should lower all taxes and cut way back on spending 

Ok, but how then do you address the debt? When do we address the disinvestment we've made in infrastructure? What are you asking 'us' to give up when you talk about reduced spending?

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

Ok, but how then do you address the debt? When do we address the disinvestment we've made in infrastructure? What are you asking 'us' to give up when you talk about reduced spending?

It's obvious that the debt is past the point of no return so I guess the best we could hope for is to slow it down. I'm fine with infrastructure spending as long the money in that plan is spent wisely without a bunch of unnecessary pork. When it comes to giving up stuff I think everything is going to have to take a hit. Some stuff we can do without, for example the Department of Education and the ATF just to name two. I'm sure there are a bunch more we could live without just fine. There has to be serious discussions in regards to the military and it's budget too. I do realize that downsizing our federal government is not going to happen as too many people are dependent on them now. 

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's obvious that the debt is past the point of no return so I guess the best we could hope for is to slow it down. I'm fine with infrastructure spending as long the money in that plan is spent wisely without a bunch of unnecessary pork. When it comes to giving up stuff I think everything is going to have to take a hit. Some stuff we can do without, for example the Department of Education and the ATF just to name two. I'm sure there are a bunch more we could live without just fine. There has to be serious discussions in regards to the military and it's budget too. I do realize that downsizing our federal government is not going to happen as too many people are dependent on them now. 

I agree with all of this, but there is some cognitive dissonance here. Government runs on pork, we can't avoid it - gutting departments costs votes. There simply has to be a way to figure out solutions to problems that go beyond partisan dismissals out of hand. No side will ever, nor should ever get everything they want.

52 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I agree with all of this, but there is some cognitive dissonance here. Government runs on pork, we can't avoid it - gutting departments costs votes. There simply has to be a way to figure out solutions to problems that go beyond partisan dismissals out of hand. No side will ever, nor should ever get everything they want.

Correct and the ones that makes these decisions will not even have the conversations to make such changes. Oh well, it’s our own fault for allowing our government to operate this way 

39 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I agree mostly but the infrastructure needs to be upgraded and there is no debating it

If congress had the balls to do it they could fund a good Infrastructure plan and cut spending if they wanted to. Lol, they’d have to work together and prioritize our needs. However, we all know they do not care about the spending. 

Just now, Jason said:

If congress had the balls to do it they could fund a good Infrastructure plan and cut spending if they wanted to. Lol, they’d have to work together and prioritize our needs. However, we all know they do not care about the spending. 

You're dead wrong. They care deeply about the spending. It's what keeps them in power

43 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I agree mostly but the infrastructure needs to be upgraded and there is no debating it

Now there are ways to lower the cost.  I am a fan of public service organizations like Americore.  If the dems are hell bent on some some sort of free college then that can be offset by using public service to improve the infrastructure 

Edited by mtangelsfan

11 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/sen-kirsten-gillibrands-everything-infrastructure-161300841.html
I just hope the bill actually focuses on infrastructure. This is the one thing that everyone agrees is important 

Edited by Jason

In case anyone is interested.

62% of Federal spending is on mandatory programs such as Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.

30% of Federal spending is on discretionary programs such as Defense, Infrastructure, Education, etc.

About half of discretionary spending is on Defense, or about 15% of all Federal spending.

Discretionary spending has declined over the years while mandatory spending has increased.

2.1.2.2.png?itok=hEOcAUF_

https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/briefing-book/how-does-federal-government-spend-its-money