• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

Chuck

Kyle Tyler since 6/25:

• 6 starts, 34 IP
  • 0.26 ERA, .136 BAA - the slash against him in this time is .136/.213/.136/.349 - zero extra-base hits allowed
  • 15 hits, 10 walks, 20 strikeouts

Kyle Tyler since 7/5:

• 4 starts, 24 IP
  • 0.38 ERA, .083 BAA/.173/.083/.256
  • 6 hits, 7 walks, 18 strikeouts

WTF is going on with this guy? This is some of the luckiest flukey pitching performance I've ever seen - his strikeout/GB% numbers are not elite enough to be this dominant - or there's something unique and impressive going on.

Edited by totdprods

Jo Adell is in a legitimate slump now...2 for his last 26 with 12 K (.077) and only hitting .215/.311/.415/.726 in July with 24 K in 74 PA. 
How he breaks out of this slump or how long he lets it last might be his last real test to experience. 

Adrian Rondon hasn't missed a beat since moving to Burlington - .450/.500/.500/1.000, 9 for 20, 2 walks, 3 strikeouts. 
On the year he's at .336/.389/.542/.931 in 144 PA, with good discipline 12 BB, 24 K and good power 8 doubles, 2 triples, 5 HR.
Starting to look like a very nice surprise...

Kevin Maitan is hitting .314/.351/.514/.866 since taking a few days off between 7/13 and 7/17 - maybe this is the Maitan with a new swing?

Since May 15th, Jordyn Adams is hitting .288/.366/.385/.751 with 13 XBH and 25 BB to 49 K in 254 PA.
Also since May 15th, fellow Burlington outfielder Spencer Griffin is hitting .267/.358/.429/.787 with 18 XBH, 27 BB, 68 K in 244 PA.

Jordan Zimmerman was hitless in his AA debut last night, but before that, the 24-year old 1B/3B had posted a .313/.366/.453/.819 slash at IE between 5/19 and 7/24.
Also since May 19th, AAA outfielder Brennon Lund has hit .332/.391/.563/.954 with 28 XBH, 19 BB, 53 K. 

Jose Rojas broke out of his first cold spell on a day later, on May 20th, and has hit .338/.403/.705/1.108 since - 47 XBH in 268 PA, a 73 double, 12 triple, 53 homer pace over 162 games. 28 BB to 63 K. 
And on June 10th, Jared Walsh was sent back to the minors after a brief taste in the bigs - including one MLB at-bat since, he's gone on to hit .326/.444/.710/1.154 with 11 doubles and 14 HR in only 169 PA, and perhaps most impressively, a 26:40 BB to K ratio. 

Brandon Marsh missed about a month, but since May 2nd, he's still posted a .281/.368/.401/.770 slash across 190 PA.

Edited by totdprods

22 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Adell is in a legitimate slump now...2 for his last 26 with 12 K (.077) and only hitting .215/.311/.415/.726 in July with 24 K in 74 PA. 
How he breaks out of this slump or how long he lets it last might be his last real test to experience. 

Our farm system ranking just dropped to 19.

If Jackson puts up solid power in Burlington - mind you, not the best environ for power or hitting overall - then I'll start getting excited. 

The batting average, walks, and strikeouts are a little worrisome for me still. And by no means is it an indictment. I still think he's an easy Top 15 for us right now.

Jahmai Jones is exhibit A as to why Rookie level numbers mean absolute squat. Or rather, all they mean is "take a look at this guy," not "this guy is a legit prospect because he's mashing in Rookie ball."

So while I'd agree that Jackson is a top 15 prospect in the org, probably top 10, I'm also a lot more staid in my feelings about him than many on this board. Not only because he's only succeeded at Orem, but his stat profile: great power, but poor contact skills and sub-par plate discipline. If he was doing what he's doing and hitting .300 and/or walking a lot, I'd be more excited. 

I'm also a bit concerned in that his stat profile implies the Angels are just happy with him swinging away. I do hope they're trying to help him develop into a more well-rounded hitter.

13 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Jahmai Jones is exhibit A as to why Rookie level numbers mean absolute squat. Or rather, all they mean is "take a look at this guy," not "this guy is a legit prospect because he's mashing in Rookie ball."

So while I'd agree that Jackson is a top 15 prospect in the org, probably top 10, I'm also a lot more staid in my feelings about him than many on this board. Not only because he's only succeeded at Orem, but his stat profile: great power, but poor contact skills and sub-par plate discipline. If he was doing what he's doing and hitting .300 and/or walking a lot, I'd be more excited. 

I'm also a bit concerned in that his stat profile implies the Angels are just happy with him swinging away. I do hope they're trying to help him develop into a more well-rounded hitter.

^^^ my thoughts exactly. Wouldn't mind shopping his name in trade talks too as a result.

In my one year of little league, I was 10 or 11 years old and all of the kids in my league were 10-11. There was one kid who the coach snuck in...he was 13 or even 14, and going through puberty. He was the only kid in the league who could actually hit the ball over the fence. It was impressive, but not when you consider his age, size, and pubescence. Bour is kind of like that: the pubescent kid playing with a bunch of 10 and 11 year olds.

3 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

In my one year of little league, I was 10 or 11 years old and all of the kids in my league were 10-11. There was one kid who the coach snuck in...he was 13 or even 14, and going through puberty. He was the only kid in the league who could actually hit the ball over the fence. It was impressive, but not when you consider his age, size, and pubescence. Bour is kind of like that: the pubescent kid playing with a bunch of 10 and 11 year olds.

Does pujols still know you, or did you guys lose touch?

3 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Hehe:  You used, "staid".

Yah Yah!! hehehehehehehe.  "Staid."

"I was at the party and "staid" to get "laid!" beavis and butthead GIF

27 minutes ago, Kody Mac said:

How’s Hunter Jr doing this year?

Out injured since 6/11, not sure with what. 

.640 OPS, not a lot of power but fairly solid OBP (.349) and discipline (30:59 BB:K) with 10 steals, good defense. 

I still think he has an attainable ceiling as a 4th OF. The speed, defense, and discipline are all solid enough to work at the MLB level as a 4th or 5th OF with a little more development. He has the athleticism to still come around with the bat one day too - lazy comparison, but I think about how Eric Young Jr. wasn’t much of a hitter in his career but then ‘mashed’ for us when he was here in his early 30’s.

Adell went off today, a double, homerun and a stolen base. Pretty much the entire Mobile offense went off. 

In Salt Lake, they did Salt Lake things, which means the usual suspects hit lots of extra base hits. Also, in what is becoming a larger sample size with every appearance, Jared Walsh is looking like can pretty good reliever. He'll make for an interesting utility player if the Angels use him right.

Also, the two way player formerly known as Will English pitched a couple innings in Arizona today. And Raider Uceta and Rainier Rivas have continued to prove they were both excellent international acquisitions. Both have hit well in their stateside debut, and both project as big bodied, power hitting corner outfielders. They won't get much attention but doing b these things in rookie ball, but once they're in A Ball or AA, things will be much more interesting b for these two investments.