• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SC Justice Ruth Ginsburg has nine lives

What they should do is have nominees selected by their peers on the federal circuit become qualified after a certain amount of time or something.  Then pass those nominees over to a bipartisan committee in the senate.  5 dems and 5 republicans.  This would force judicial appointments acceptable to both sides. 

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

What they should do is have nominees selected by their peers on the federal circuit become qualified after a certain amount of time or something.  Then pass those nominees over to a bipartisan committee in the senate.  5 dems and 5 republicans.  This would force judicial appointments acceptable to both sides. 

I get what you're saying, but this kinda pre-supposes the idea that one must be either a Republican or Democrat to participate in this process.

5 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Way easier said than done.  Breyer was picked by HW

Warren was picked by Eisenhower and he changed profoundly on the court. Ike later considered this to be one of his biggest regrets.

Brennan was also picked by Eisenhower and became probably the most liberal justice ever.

Blackmun, by Nixon, and he wrote the majority opinion in Roe v Wade.

Stevens, by Ford, and changed into a liberal.

Souter, by GHWB, and veered to the left.

At least Obama got it right, as Kagan and Sotomayor are reliable liberals.

Roberts I think might turn out to be a swing vote. We'll see.

Kavanaugh may also surprise, though my liberal friends laugh at that suggestion.

• 1 month later...

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has declared she is “cancer free,” beating the disease for the fourth time after undergoing treatment for pancreatic cancer in the summer.

The 86-year-old justice, one of the oldest to serve on the Supreme Court, offered the health update to CNN in an interview in her chambers Tuesday evening.

“I’m cancer free. That’s good,” Ginsburg said, with CNN reporting that she was “sounding energized and speaking animatedly.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg-declares-shes-cancer-free/2020/01/08/bc6db488-3257-11ea-91fd-82d4e04a3fac_story.html