• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SC Justice Ruth Ginsburg has nine lives

On 12/21/2018 at 10:02 AM, floplag said:

This, though im truly starting to wonder if the SCOTUS is the check it was intended to be as its become little more than a partisan extension of whoever appointed them for the most part.  
I think the whole lifetime appointment thing has jumped the shark.

And would you  be reacting this way if the Leftists members were the majority?

Just now, yvangelfan said:

And would you  be reacting this way if the Leftists members were the majority?

Actually yes i would.  unlike many im not driven by partisan agendas.   i have items i side with both sides one.  I dont believe any party should have that kind of control for that long in an age where party is put above country 

4 minutes ago, floplag said:

Actually yes i would.  unlike many im not driven by partisan agendas.   i have items i side with both sides one.  I dont believe any party should have that kind of control for that long in an age where party is put above country 

Hi Floplag!

Which partisan agendas belong to the right, in your opinion.

Edited by yvangelfan

2 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

Hi Floplag!

Which partisan agendas belong to the right, in your opinion.

Does it matter? This isnt about whats left or whats right. 
The point and the simple fact is that partisan control over SCOTUS removes the check/balance from it.  It doesnt matter who is in power, the logic still stands.   
There should be an alternate system or something that adds more to the bench or requires cross party majority for non unanimous options to become law of the land. 

3 minutes ago, floplag said:

Does it matter? This isnt about whats left or whats right. 
The point and the simple fact is that partisan control over SCOTUS removes the check/balance from it.  It doesnt matter who is in power, the logic still stands.   
There should be an alternate system or something that adds more to the bench or requires cross party majority for non unanimous options to become law of the land. 

Wouldn't that be the same as a non majority in congress making laws?

I talked with my dad about it a little. He's a pulmonologist so lung cancer is his specialty. 

Initially, he thought this was a really bad thing. It was most likely a return of the pancreatic cancer that spread to the lungs and it would mean she would not last very long. But he has since read that it was two tumors removed and they were most likely not related to the pancreatic cancer she had. He said obviously it depends on what type of tumors they were, but more than likely this will not impact her life expectancy. 

4 minutes ago, floplag said:

Not at all, the point is that neither majority or minority should be unilaterally doing so without working with the other.  

Being a righty, I believe "bipartisan" means Mitch McConnell sends multiple budget deals over a 2 yr period without funding for the wall.

Trying to get 10 Dems to work with McConnell isn't going to happen. Bi partisan to Dems means Repubs cross the aisle and vote with them on everything.

42 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

Being a righty, I believe "bipartisan" means Mitch McConnell sends multiple budget deals over a 2 yr period without funding for the wall.

Trying to get 10 Dems to work with McConnell isn't going to happen. Bi partisan to Dems means Repubs cross the aisle and vote with them on everything.

This is absolutely the silliest thing I've read. Dems and Republicans passed a bipartisan bill Leith no wall finding already. It would pass the House easily. But your boy Ryan wouldn't put a bill up for vote. 

McConnell won't put up a bipartisan bill to protect the Mueller investigation. He kills anything that isn't completely partisan.

4 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

This is absolutely the silliest thing I've read. Dems and Republicans passed a bipartisan bill Leith no wall finding already. It would pass the House easily. But your boy Ryan wouldn't put a bill up for vote. 

McConnell won't put up a bipartisan bill to protect the Mueller investigation. He kills anything that isn't completely partisan.

Yes, that bill passed, without a wall, and Trump said he would never sign another one like it again.

McConnell shouldn't bring forward the Mueller protection bill. Mueller and his gang are corrupt, and the 2 yr "investigation" is a witch hunt.

6 hours ago, yvangelfan said:

Yes, that bill passed, without a wall, and Trump said he would never sign another one like it again.

McConnell shouldn't bring forward the Mueller protection bill. Mueller and his gang are corrupt, and the 2 yr "investigation" is a witch hunt.

Yes, well, they are investigating a haunted past so...

8 hours ago, Tank said:

time to return to a monarchy?

The country is too big. Too many people. We all have different values. You don’t need a mustached dictator that kills his way to power to oppress people. Voters can do it through the ballot box.