• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SC Justice Ruth Ginsburg has nine lives

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Might be best for her health.

Wouldn't be best for the health of the country. There shouldn't be a super majority, in either direction, in the Supreme Court.

This, though im truly starting to wonder if the SCOTUS is the check it was intended to be as its become little more than a partisan extension of whoever appointed them for the most part.  
I think the whole lifetime appointment thing has jumped the shark.

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

This, though im truly starting to wonder if the SCOTUS is the check it was intended to be as its become little more than a partisan extension of whoever appointed them for the most part.  
I think the whole lifetime appointment thing has jumped the shark.

The Founders never dreamed the Supreme Court would be the institution where social policy is mandated and political agendas imposed on the country by nine black robed ideologues. 

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

The Founders never dreamed the Supreme Court would be the institution where social policy is mandated and political agendas imposed on the country by nine black robed ideologues. 

Ive lost a lot of respect for a lot of judges in recent years.  I get that much of law is interpretation, but when you see a judge who is clearly following partisan ideals over anything resembling the law itself, something is horribly wrong.  
Take the recent judge in DC who has now set precedent to extend the asylum laws to cover issues that have nothing whatever to do with the home government, which was the entire intent of the program.   By his decision he has now stated that domestic and gang violence are under that program, which have nothing to do with asylum.  
Its too much power for men to handle to set policy with opinion.  

12 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I can imagine that maybe they hoped?  But I'm sure they considered it a possibility. The COTUS is full of safeguards against judicial malpractice. It wasn't like the concept of a partisan  or corrupt bench would have been foreign to them.

19 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I can imagine that maybe they hoped?  But I'm sure they considered it a possibility. The COTUS is full of safeguards against judicial malpractice. It wasn't like the concept of a partisan  or corrupt bench would have been foreign to them.

That's just one letter removed from another word. I hope that doesn't mean we're about to be screwed by the Supreme Court.

12 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

First, I really hope she gets better.  

Second, I really hope she stays on the bench because I think another con on there is not good for the country.

It's too bad the justices are defined as libs and cons.

How about they just become constitutionalists, which the Founders intended them to be.