• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Has anyone seen or heard from Billy Eppler?

Chuck

I know that I've been equally MIA due to a crazy work schedule, traveling and vacation, but with December fast approaching I haven't seen the Halos been mentioned as interested in anyone so far and have yet to have made a productive move. 

So the question is...

Is Eppler busy playing Sony Playstation games?

Waiting on Machado/Harper to sign so that he could work on Trout's deal?

Chuck is just being impatient, so nothing more to see here. 

The trade and FA market hasn't gotten fired up yet, perhaps not until the winter meetings?

This is why Dipoto is such a popular GM wherever he goes.  It's just a matter of time before he does something. He makes moves for the sake of making moves. 

This is just my guess, but Eppler is probably going to be in on some of the bigger (not biggest)  free agent and trade targets, but so much of that market is dependent upon Harper and Machado.  The longer they wait, the longer the market will likely remain stagnant.  My guess is there won't be much news until just before Christmas then the hot stove will finally be lit. 

Though I do think we're seeing some free agents that don't want to be left in the cold without a contract like others were last year, so we're seeing them sign sooner rather than later.

Honest answer, i dont think he moves a finger till after the rule 5 draft and all the non tender madness is behind us on anything of substance at the ML level.   For him thats like an early Christmas. 
He has little choice, the assigned budget wont get it done so hes going to have to find a few gems in the rockpile then figure out how to spend whats left.

https://www.mlb.com/news/nathan-eovaldi-rumors/c-299922244?tid=282421090

The latest Eovaldi free-agent rumors

Angels pursuing pitching, including Eovaldi and Happ
Nov. 25: Angels general manager Billy Eppler reportedly went into the offseason looking to add "reliability" on the pitching staff, and MLB.com's Jon Paul Morosi reports that the Angels are actively seeking both starters and relievers on the market, with interest in free agents Nathan Eovaldi and J.A. Happ, but it's not clear that they will have a good chance to sign either pitcher.

Sources: #Angels active in the market for both starters and relievers and have shown interest in free agents Nathan Eovaldi and J.A. Happ, although it’s not clear if they have a strong chance to sign either of them. @MLBNetwork @ML

261 people are talking about this

33 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I think what you mean is....

“Why are the Angels decision makers not leaking their plans to the media?”

As much as Id love for Eppler to tell me everything he’s going to do, it’s not really in his best interest to do that. I do what I can to get crumbs. 

I always wondered if Dipoto's regime was bad at controlling media leaks, or if they leaked information purposefully. 

37 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I think what you mean is....

“Why are the Angels decision makers not leaking their plans to the media?”

As much as Id love for Eppler to tell me everything he’s going to do, it’s not really in his best interest to do that. I do what I can to get crumbs. 

thank you for posting this. it's something we've dealt with since the stoneman days and all of us know it. the angels play things close to the vest and are not mentioned prominently in rumors like some of the other clubs. they don't disclose their plans publicly (nor should they).

maybe it'll carry more weight coming from you.