• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Suzuki to Nats...

floplag

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

The people downplaying this don’t get it.   There was a 2 WAR catcher for about $5 million.   When you have a budget it’s signings like this that fit nicely at this price when you have this many holes to fill.  

Perhaps because he will be 35, and his two most recent AL seasons saw him fail to put up 1 fWAR combined.   The guy he is replacing in Washington is likely to put up similar production for someone next year, if he's ever healthy.  No clue what Weiters thinks he can get but if the 2 WAR catcher got 5 mil, then he may go for less.

Although kinda disappointing, no biggie.  

I think if we aren't going to go with Ramos, we'll just get a lefty platoon bat with Kevan Smith.   We may have found something with his bat.  Not sure of his defense yet.  

I think McCann comes cheaper than Suzuki and could be a good platoon partner.  

I can see why we wouldn't commit a second year to a guy entering his age 35 season.  

32 minutes ago, Second Base said:

FART POOP DOODIE.....

I'm guessing Eppler probably just buys low on one via the trade market the way he didn't with Maldonado.  Maybe we'll get Tucker Barnhart if we're lucky. 

Im qouting this literally for no reason other than the fart poop doodie... quality rant sir quality rant 

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

The people downplaying this don’t get it.   There was a 2 WAR catcher for about $5 million.   When you have a budget it’s signings like this that fit nicely at this price when you have this many holes to fill.  

we get it, but he's signed elsewhere. what would you be saying if we all collectively shit the bed and said, the offseason was over and arte's too cheap?

22 minutes ago, Lou said:

damn, we really could have used his 19% CS rate behind the plate. 

This is the one thing i also hated about him and why im not really too upset, but im not fond of the other options that would appear to be in our price range so... time till tell.

10 minutes ago, ukyah said:

we get it, but he's signed elsewhere. what would you be saying if we all collectively shit the bed and said, the offseason was over and arte's too cheap?

Yes exactly.  I like how Daniel Murphy fits the Angel roster but if he signs elsewhere my pulse doesn't change.