• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Let’s go Dodgers

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

I've hated the Red Sox since '86 when I was 16 and they stuck a dagger in my heart, just one strike away from an Angels World Series berth. That said, I've disliked the Dodgers since I became a Halos fan in '79, so go Boston.

GAWD I feel dirty.

Basically this is the reason I hate the Dodgers more.

I'm seeing a lot of posts asking why fans of the Angels don't like the Dodgers, but I haven't seen anyone asking why Dodger fans hate the Angels.  People, the hate goes both ways.

I have family and friends that are Dodger fans and all of them strongly dislike the Angels.  Why is that?  They're not in the same division or league.  Are Dodger fans that insecure and petty?

It seems that now that the Dodgers are in the post season, we see this crap posted about the lack of support from Angels fans.  The answer is that we simply don't like each other, so get over it.

45 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I've hated the Red Sox since '86 when I was 16 and they stuck a dagger in my heart, just one strike away from an Angels World Series berth. That said, I've disliked the Dodgers since I became a Halos fan in '79, so go Boston.

GAWD I feel dirty.

It is a horrible position to be in as a sports fan.  People need to not mistake hatred for the Dodgers with indifference to the Red Sox.  I fu*cking HATE the Red Sox.  The shitty history between the Angels and the Sox.  The garbage chowd head fans and their continued bullshit whining about faux demons (as if Boston is still haunted by a lack of championships) the douche bag players they had for years (it’s actually less bad now in this category.  Probably then it’s ever been as long as I’ve been a baseball fan) They’re extremely hatable. 

The Dodgers are next level tho if you’re an Angel fan. Most Angel fans are in so cal.  So that impacts this.  That tweet above notes it well.  But the fans.  Holy shit the fans.  They’re every bit as entitled as the Red Sox fans or the Yankees fans.  They brag about stupid shit like announcers.  RELENTLESSLY.  They pretend that the organization has some sterling championship pedigree.  Even tho almost all of their failed championship bids were like before WW2 or some shit. They talk about their “tradition” like it’s unrivaled in sports.  Even tho the team has changed names like fuc*king 3 times.  Dope tradition.  Just like the Yankees.  Their fuc*king current logo is a rip off.  It’s all bullshit and the fans will never ever shut the f*uck up about it.  Also, they make any stadium experience whether at home or away.  Absolutely miserable.  It’s absolutely a thing with a sizable number of Dodger fans to basically be gang bangers at a baseball game.  And the organization embraces it ! They didn’t do shit ever about the fans until they finally had to be shamed into it when that Giants fan got turned into a vegetable.  

And if they’re not doing that they’re doing gay passive aggressive shit like that Pantone whatever group does.  Unfurling giant flags at opposing teams stadiums.  I can’t think of other groups of fans in NA sports that do that.  

Also, let’s talk about the team.  The Dodgers have been pieces of shit in the international market for decades.  Literally.  On this roster a bunch of their bitch players whined in the media about Ohtani signing here.  Like he disrespected them or some shit.  More entitlement.  I mean could rage about the Dodgers forever.  I’m probably semi articulate here so I’m going to stop.   But fu*ck them forever.  I hate the Dodgers more then any other team in sports.  If Tdawg makes his move west he’ll forget about the goddamn Red Sox. 

36DBCA64-A2B4-4712-AF16-5AE32EB06284.jpeg

Edited by UndertheHalo

• Spirit changed the title to Let’s go Dodgers

I may reluctantly root for the California team.

it really helps that the opposition is the Boston Red Sox.

All of this just is a painful reminder of the opportunities missed by the Halos over the past five plus years to really penetrate the Dodgers' stronghold on S. Cal .

I trace much of it to the Josh Hamilton signing -- just at the time we had a chance with that knucklehead McCourt figuring out how to some how implode one of the most successful MLB franchises -- we signed Josh Hamilton to that ridiculous contract (which virtually every AW poster -- in fact, I think every single regular -- just blasted before the ink was even dry on the contract) -- that Josh Hamilton tied up the Halos salary structure for years and cost the Halos a chance to take advantage of the Dodgers  free fall all caused by the McCourt circus/ debacle. 

Once the LA based ownership took over the team -- the ownership coalition that Bud Selig should have let get the team in the first place instead of giving McCourt some strange exclusive negotiating rights to buy the Dodgers........time McCourt spent trying to shore up his under-capitalized bid -- something that should have warned any fiscally prudent investor (commissioner) away from McCourt -- but instead McCourt's shaky financing deal won out and the result was a total embarrassment to MLB with a storied franchise being run into the ground.

Meanwhile the Halos were paying Josh Hamilton -- a guy with a history that warranted - perhaps - one of those NBA ten day contracts rather than a long term deal.

Now the Dodgers are in the World Series and dominating the market (to the extent MLB dominates any market these days -- St. Louis excepted).

It's not quite the early sixties when the Angels were relegated to second class tenants of the Dodgers (O'Malley's 'deal' with Autry gave the Dodgers all the concession and parking revenue -- the Angels only got ticket sales revenue) but sort of feels like it.

On 10/21/2018 at 9:49 PM, Chuckster70 said:

GAWD I feel dirty.

Being able to remind Dodger fans that 1988 was a long time ago is too much to let go of....   

Doesn't matter how awful we have been, the fact the Angels were the last SoCal team to win the WS chaps them to no end.

Go Sox!

I don't know what would be worse... seeing Kinsler get a ring or seeing Puig AND Machado get a ring.  I have to root against the Dodgers.  Having to deal with Dodger fans is a more frequent thing... Go Sox.

Ok here is a win/win situation.

Dodgers win World Series defeating the dispicable Red Sox.

Wait, before you loose your minds there is a caveat.

MLB decides the Dodgers human trafficking is too egregious to ignore and strips them of the title leaving 2018 without a World Series Champion. 

Angels fans celebrate.