• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Machado

Dtwncbad

I have been mentioning Machado many times on the board because of how well his position, age and production fits the Angel roster both now and into the future.

He was never a personal favorite, but over the last week or so, it has gotten worse since all I see is a full blown selfish punk.

That really changes my interest level in him.

12 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

He is a huge douchebag. He has openly admitted he isn't interested in fully hustling even BEFORE he got his lifetime deal. Imagine how bad it is going to be when he gets 9/300 guaranteed

I wanted him, but it is an easy pass at this point.

Teams should seriously proceed with caution on this guy

The yankees seem to be the type of org guys like this need to end up at. Theyre one of the few teams who can eat money to make a point, and sort of "intimidate" guys into being more team players than individuals.

My understanding (dont quote me, i may have heard wrong) is hes not a great clubhouse guy either. But again, i may have heard that wrong.

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

The yankees seem to be the type of org guys like this need to end up at. Theyre one of the few teams who can eat money to make a point, and sort of "intimidate" guys into being more team players than individuals.

My understanding (dont quote me, i may have heard wrong) is hes not a great clubhouse guy either. But again, i may have heard that wrong.

I think Philly makes a play for him -- and it's really pretty funny think how Phillies fans would react to his boorish bullshit.

The league already new this about him.  It's just becoming more public now that he's in the spotlight.  Anyone on the fence about whether to pursue him will likely not as a result of how he's conducted himself in the midst of a playoff run.  

If there were ever a time he could step up and not be a total douche it would have been now yet he's actually gotten worse with his true colors shining for all to see.  

Some team will give him his 300 mil, and they'll get a very good player but he's not the guy I would want for that kind of money.  

4 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

the yanks had Cano and he was similar.  Not as douchey but inclined not to hustle.  When he got popped for using PED's, a few of his former yankee teammates seemed to kinda shrug their shoulders as if to say it made sense.  So I'm not sure this would work.  They'd just have to deal with his BS.  

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I think Philly makes a play for him -- and it's really pretty funny think how Phillies fans would react to his boorish bullshit.

and imagine him playing for rah rah Gabe Kapler.  That feels like oil and water.  Assuming Kapler doesn't go to jail anyway.  

Just now, ten ocho recon scout said:

You buying any of the "machado+harper to philly" rumors?

I think the Phillies success and then failure all in the same season may spur Klentak to make moves he might not otherwise make.    They have a lot of payroll space and 40 mil comes off the books after 2020 so, they can definitely afford it and some people think Klentak may be on the hot seat..   

With JP Crawford sort of tailing off and their OF being a bit underwhelming it's hard to argue they couldn't make a play for both.

9 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

and imagine him playing for rah rah Gabe Kapler.  That feels like oil and water.  Assuming Kapler doesn't go to jail anyway.  

Im really hoping the Phillies do chase him in part because the Kapler/Machado situation could make for one hell of a side-show.

4 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I could see Machado following a Han-Ram type career trajectory: Great while young and lithe (gay?), but declined and erratic starting in his late 20s and basically done in his mid-30s.

The big difference between the two is that Machado is an excellent defender at 3b.  Hanley was always an absolute butcher. But there are similarities in terms of attitude.  

He's such a great player right now.  When he wants to be.  I wouldn't want this guy on the halos personally.   

1 hour ago, eaterfan said:

Guys on here clamoring for Luke Heimlich, Chapman, and Ozuna but don't want Machado. To each their own.

all two them.  

those two are likely ok with Machado as well.  

it's kinda apples to oranges though.  don't you think?  

do you want Machado for 300 mil?  

A very talented player in Machado, good (not great) bat. Attitude problem (nothing new here). Most likely overpaid by a bundle, due to his age having value. He is likely to be a frontline player for many years for whoever signs him.

If we sign him to play third, so be it. I'll not complain. It would put us a couple steps closer to being competitive. But I don't see the Angels being interested. Just a hunch.