• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Machado

Dtwncbad

4 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Given that the two "elite" free agents this year have been shown to have questionable motivation issues (Machado and Harper), I foresee another free agent period where the contracts will be much less than predicted, and of a much shorter duration.

Machado's First Base Foot Drag may end up costing him a 10k fine PLUS 50 mil, due to lack of demand for his services.

Machado will be in demand. Over the last 5 years he's #9 in WAR out of position players. He would have had a 9-10 WAR season if he had played 3B this year. The dude's defensive numbers were insane at 3B. If the 9th most productive player over the last half decade at age 26 isn't in demand then baseball is really broken.

I honestly think Harper could be looking at a long winter, his defense was so bad this year he's basically JD Martinez, a slugging DH. JD led the league in slugging and only got $110M. Every team seems to be loaded with outfield prospects. I think Harper will get 8 years and around $240M at best from a team like the Phillies/Braves. I think Machado could get $300M maybe, but Harper no way.

12 hours ago, IheartLA said:

Machado will be in demand. Over the last 5 years he's #9 in WAR out of position players. He would have had a 9-10 WAR season if he had played 3B this year. The dude's defensive numbers were insane at 3B. If the 9th most productive player over the last half decade at age 26 isn't in demand then baseball is really broken.

I honestly think Harper could be looking at a long winter, his defense was so bad this year he's basically JD Martinez, a slugging DH. JD led the league in slugging and only got $110M. Every team seems to be loaded with outfield prospects. I think Harper will get 8 years and around $240M at best from a team like the Phillies/Braves. I think Machado could get $300M maybe, but Harper no way.

Meh, i think harper gets paid. At worst, i see him signing a short deal to try again for a big payday if this isnt it.

Machado is interesting. Not sure if the dodgers plan to keep him or not (with seagar coming back). 

The yanks I assume will be in on him. After that, who knows. (Phills get mentioned). But not sure how big his market will be. Obvious talent, but the price tag and baggage may have teams already not wanting to get involved, scrambling for other needs instead.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Meh, i think harper gets paid. At worst, i see him signing a short deal to try again for a big payday if this isnt it.

Machado is interesting. Not sure if the dodgers plan to keep him or not (with seagar coming back). 

The yanks I assume will be in on him. After that, who knows. (Phills get mentioned). But not sure how big his market will be. Obvious talent, but the price tag and baggage may have teams already not wanting to get involved, scrambling for other needs instead.

I don't see the Dodgers bringing back Machado. Turner is at 3rd, although he might be able to move to 1st or 2nd, and Seager is going to be the SS.

Machado will end up with a team we don't think about, and Harper is going to end up with the Phillies or Nationals or Dodgers.

On 10/22/2018 at 2:27 PM, Kevin said:

Troll Daddy reminds me a lot of Saudi Arabia. He's not really our friend even though he pretends to be and is constantly conspiring against us. Our posting ban list includes Claude and Hollywood to name a few but Troll Daddy always escapes the list and can post here as often as he likes. He probably pays his membership dues so Chuck tolerates him because money talks. That and he is a buffer between us and Homebrewer's radical cub fandom.

I just don't think Angelswin can ever be great again as long as we have a relationship with Troll Daddy.

so . . . he's our hilary?