• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Voter Suppression

1 minute ago, arch stanton said:

Missing all the front end logistics here. Does this ballot have your name on it? Who sent it? Why did they choose to send you this ballot? Did you win a sweepstakes?

Is it really that hard to figure out?

Yes the ballot has your name on it, it's sent to you by the county voter registrar because you applied to vote by mail.

Your sweepstakes winnings are in a different envelope.

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Yes the ballot has your name on it, it's sent to you by the county voter registrar because you applied to vote by mail.

So what you guys are saying is that this process has as much transparency as possible while still allowing someone to participate in a constitutionally protected right? There's just no way a 2nd amendment proponent like Jason could let the Cons dupe him into opposing this this on the grounds that someone might commit multiple federal crimes in the process of trying to bastardize the process, is there?

21 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

What happens when I receive the ballots of a dead parent and my son in college? Do I fill it out for them?

Dead people get removed from voter rolls unless you have a bunch of dead relatives in your backyard. 

Also, the signature has to match. 

30 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

What happens when I receive the ballots of a dead parent and my son in college? Do I fill it out for them?

This depends. Do you believe in the democratic process and want to make it viable for future generations? Then you return the ballots and ask the registrar to remove the names. Or, you can be a raging fucking douche and completely dishonor those who fought and died for this right and do so right here on Memorial Day which would troll them even harder

Just now, Franklin Bluth said:

So you've been a fervent opponent of absentee voting for over two decades. Got it.

I don’t like absentee voting either. Get your fucking ass down to the poll station, prove who you are and vote. You have the right to vote. You don’t have the right to make the world stand still while you figure out a a way to get your poor old decrepit ass down to the voting booth. Figure it out or GFY. 

2 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I don’t like absentee voting either. Get your fucking ass down to the poll station, prove who you are and vote. You have the right to vote. You don’t have the right to make the world stand still while you figure out a a way to get your poor old decrepit ass down to the voting booth. Figure it out or GFY. 

I agree. Voting in person is famously efficient. It's like going to the DMV. We shouldn't even consider alternatives.

Just now, Franklin Bluth said:

I agree. Voting in person is famously efficient. It's like going to the DMV. We shouldn't even consider alternatives.

Speaking of that... quit giving drivers licenses and ID’s to illegals. Every time I go to the DMV I feel like I’m in the emergency room in Boyle Heights. I have to convince myself I’m not Joan Wilder on the wrong bus traveling through the Colombian jungle. 

6 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Speaking of that... quit giving drivers licenses and ID’s to illegals. Every time I go to the DMV I feel like I’m in the emergency room in Boyle Heights. I have to convince myself I’m not Joan Wilder on the wrong bus traveling through the Colombian jungle. 

You're right. I'll stop giving IDs to illegals starting tomorrow.

I've never voted in person. Been voting by mail since my early 20's.  Why would anyone want to vote in person?  Enjoy the crowds?  The wait time?  Miss work and lose pay? Or stand in line after work while you're already tired?

No thanks.

12 minutes ago, Rico said:

I've never voted in person. Been voting by mail since my early 20's.  Why would anyone want to vote in person?  Enjoy the crowds?  The wait time?  Miss work and lose pay? Or stand in line after work while you're already tired?

No thanks.

You’re the exact reason I want to end absentee voting. Thanks!

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Pretty sure the dem govs are not requiring a request by mail. they are sending out mass ballots based on vting lists that are not usually up to date.

17 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Pretty sure the dem govs are not requiring a request by mail. they are sending out mass ballots based on vting lists that are not usually up to date.

Pretty sure? A lot of people here are "pretty sure" that you're Calscuf

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

This depends. Do you believe in the democratic process and want to make it viable for future generations? Then you return the ballots and ask the registrar to remove the names. Or, you can be a raging fucking douche and completely dishonor those who fought and died for this right and do so right here on Memorial Day which would troll them even harder

I agree and hope everyone does the right thing. I am not a fan of mail in voting but it can be done with checks and balances. 22 years in the military nobody ever handed me a ballot. We had mandatory briefs on the process and how to request out ballots from our states. I personally think the military should have an easier process. Dems never once tried to hand out mass unrequested ballots to the troops. They generally lose the military vote so they hope we dont vote. Now, many blue states are sending ballots out based off old voting rolls without a request. Thousands of blank votes in the ghetto is an easy way to promote fraud and weaken the democracy. Bribery and intimidation are not new to the voting process. A private booth goes a long ways in protecting freedom and privacy. The dems want amass collection and drop off options for these votes. That opens the door for corruption as time passes.