• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Voter Suppression

4 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication, or other information, on the basis that such material is considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or "inconvenient."

Is adding a fact check actual suppression is somebody hijacking a buzzword to make more out of this than it is?  

I would agree with this. It's when they start deleting tweets that's problematic 

6 hours ago, Redondo said:

But many states have simply ignored or not had the resources to comply with this requirement, leaving states with inaccurate voter registration lists and certainly ill-prepared for voting by mail.

Allowing states to send all of their recorded registered voters a ballot without making states update their lists of registered voters would unquestionably invite fraud into elections.

Ballots would be mailed to addresses of individuals who have moved or passed away. The new residents may not be eligible to vote but could see the ballots in the mail and try to vote anyway.

At the beginning of May, California and Los Angeles County were required to remove 1.5 million inactive voters from their registration lists when a Judicial Watch lawsuit said Los Angeles County has more registered voters than citizens. You read that correctly – Los Angeles County has more registered voters than citizens.

If Democrats can federally mandate a nationwide all-mail election in November, election officials will be sending out more live ballots than voters, which will lead to fraudulent ballots being returned.

What Democrats are also not telling you is that California allows for ballot harvesting – meaning that any individual can pick up any number of ballots for any reason, completely unchecked.

These harvesters picking up ballots don’t have to show an ID, they don’t have to be a citizen, and they don’t have to be eligible to vote. You expect Americans to believe that having someone who can’t vote picking up ballots won’t invite fraud in our elections?

No one is keeping track of who is picking up thousands of ballots, so how do we know they’re being delivered? How do we know the harvesters aren’t altering votes or pressuring people on how to vote?

seems like there should be something in place to verify where a voter lives and if they're even still alive before mailing a ballot to them. what can be done?

and this idea of some third party collecting ballots and delivering them for others has to be changed. the opportunity for doing something illegal is just too high. but this, too, should be something that isn't difficult to fix.

this is important stuff that affects all of us. our leaders need to find a solution instead of approaching this like they currently are, where it's all or nothing.

7 minutes ago, Tank said:

seems like there should be something in place to verify where a voter lives and if they're even still alive before mailing a ballot to them. what can be done?

and this idea of some third party collecting ballots and delivering them for others has to be changed. the opportunity for doing something illegal is just too high. but this, too, should be something that isn't difficult to fix.

this is important stuff that affects all of us. our leaders need to find a solution instead of approaching this like they currently are, where it's all or nothing.

I've voted by mail multiple times and have never once handed my vote to a "third party." I've put it in the mail, and then was able to track when my vote was received.

Just now, Franklin Bluth said:

I've voted by mail multiple times and have never once handed my vote to a "third party." I've put it in the mail, and then was able to track when my vote was received.

They also have drop boxes at the normal voting stations. 

Just now, Franklin Bluth said:

same here, but obviously there are areas where that doesn't happen. so why aren't those voters dropping their mail-in ballots in the mail? and who are the people going around and collecting them as third parties? that just seems to scream fraud to me.

Just now, Tank said:

same here, but obviously there are areas where that doesn't happen. so why aren't those voters dropping their mail-in ballots in the mail? and who are the people going around and collecting them as third parties? that just seems to scream fraud to me.

I have no idea. I haven't heard of this happening in California.

• 2 weeks later...

To be precise, he used his Florida address to vote even though he works/spends most of the year in Minnesota. As far as I know only active millitary can do that.

If he paid taxes from that address as well then I'm sure the IRS will want to talk to him also.