• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Voter Suppression

I've still yet to see any real evidence of Democrat-caused "voter fraud" that Republican politicians are always yelling about. But there's plenty of evidence of Republican-caused voter suppression. 

EDIT: @Lhalo shared some evidence.

Edited by Taylor

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I've still yet to see any real evidence of Democrat-caused "voter fraud" that Republican politicians are always yelling about. But there's plenty of evidence of Republican-caused voter suppression. 

Yeah, well what about this?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/30/us/mccrae-dowless-indictment.html

On 10/24/2018 at 12:20 PM, Spirit said:

It's disgusting that people still have to go to polling places.  In our area of CO, we've been voting by mail for years. 

It's been a couple years since you posted this, so we need an update. Since you started voting by mail, approximately how much voter fraud have you committed?

Trump is obviously rattled about the possibility of mail-in voting, because more people voting = more chance that his sorry ass is out of Washington. He ripped Michigan about mailing ballots to all of their voters (they didn't - they sent applications for absentee ballots), and he has threatened to cut off COVID funding for Nevada for sending out absentee ballots for the June primary (which has nothing to do with the presidential election - we are a caucus state, and our caucus is well in the rear view mirror). His unsupported contention that such ballots are "rife with fraud" is just stoking up the base in case he loses in November.

12 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm actually curious to see someone here defend against mail-in ballots.

I mean, don't old, geriatric Republicans benefit from it too? What's the issue here? Why the sudden disdain for it by the current administration?

More people voting means more Democrat voters. So Republicans will fight tooth and nail against any idea that increases voter turnout.

I’m a fan of voter suppression. We need more of it. I’ll accept any criteria I favor.

1. must have paid at least x in federal income tax Is probably a good starting point. I’ll go with $5k for single filers and $10k for families 

2. must not have pronouns in twitter bio

that should suffice 

6 minutes ago, Adam said:

I’m a fan of voter suppression. We need more of it. I’ll accept any criteria I favor.

1. must have paid at least x in federal income tax Is probably a good starting point. I’ll go with $5k for single filers and $10k for families 

2. must not have pronouns in twitter bio

that should suffice 

So the majority of Americans cannot vote.

Sounds fine to me.

13 hours ago, Taylor said:

More people voting means more Democrat voters. So Republicans will fight tooth and nail against any idea that increases voter turnout.

Including illegals and convicts?

Dems like to say we are giving away free everything to get their votes. But never tell how they are going to pay for it.

Raise taxes, but wait until after we win to tell them.

You need to be an American citizen to vote.

Edited by Redondo

11 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm actually curious to see someone here defend against mail-in ballots.

I mean, don't old, geriatric Republicans benefit from it too? What's the issue here? Why the sudden disdain for it by the current administration?

I’m against sending EVERYONE a mail in ballot. There already is a system for absentee ballots so there is no need to change that. My issue is how can you prove that the registered voter it was sent to actually filled it out. What if I go to my old parent’s house, get their mail for them, take their ballots and do them myself? How can that be prevented?

Edited by Jason

25 minutes ago, Jason said:

I’m against sending EVERYONE a mail in ballot. There already is a system for absentee ballots so there is no need to change that. My issue is how can you prove that the registered voter it was sent to actually filled it out. What if I go to my old parent’s house, get their mail for them, take their ballots and do them myself? How can that be prevented?

Good point

5 hours ago, Redondo said:

Including illegals and convicts?

Dems like to say we are giving away free everything to get their votes. But never tell how they are going to pay for it.

Raise taxes, but wait until after we win to tell them.

You need to be an American citizen to vote.

I agree 100%. I don't think undocumented immigrants should be allowed to vote.

This isn't the issue. Historically, Republicans have used gerrymandering and other tactics to make it more difficult for legal citizens to vote. This latest tirade against mail-in voting is part of the same trend. There is zero evidence* of mail-in voting contributing to voter fraud, yet Trump is threatening to withhold funding from states that are planning to ramp up mail-in voting.

*other than @Adam's MAGA mother-in-law offering to fill out ballots for the whole family

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Yes, this could happen, just like someone could go to a polling station and vote as somebody else. How many people would willingly give up their ballots to other people to vote for them? 

13 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I agree 100%. I don't think undocumented immigrants should be allowed to vote.

This isn't the issue. Historically, Republicans have used gerrymandering and other tactics to make it more difficult for legal citizens to vote. This latest tirade against mail-in voting is part of the same trend. There is zero evidence* of mail-in voting contributing to voter fraud, yet Trump is threatening to withhold funding from states that are planning to ramp up mail-in voting.

*other than @Adam's MAGA mother-in-law offering to fill out ballots for the whole family

Apparently this is pretty common. Been telling this story to a lot of people and have heard from many others that their matriarchs do the same thing

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

Apparently this is pretty common. Been telling this story to a lot of people and have heard from many others that their matriarchs do the same thing

In before cals says something about women voting.

56 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Yes, this could happen, just like someone could go to a polling station and vote as somebody else. How many people would willingly give up their ballots to other people to vote for them? 

I'm not talking about giving up their ballots but more like the scenario I just gave. I have issue not verifying who is actually casting the vote. That's all. Oh and you should prove who you are at a polling station too 

Edited by Jason

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm not talking about giving up their ballots but more like the scenario I just gave. I have issue not verifying who is actually casting the vote. That's all. Oh and you should prove who you are at a polling station too 

Again, I could see the scenario you presented happening. But do you really think enough people would do this to actually sway the election? 

A few states have moved to 100% mail-in ballots. It's worked for them, without any evidence of widespread voter fraud.