• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Election Thread

59 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Rigging, now we’re talking about it being rigged.  My god.  Congrats AW conservatives .  You’ve done your work. 

I'm an AW conservative?

They passed legislation that it made possible (and highly likely in California) for there to be two candidates from the same party for statewide positions. They knew full well what the implications of it would be when they passed it. How is that not rigging?

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

I can.  Every party that has a candidate they want to run.

I'm not totally familiar with the system but aren't they all on the primary ballots? When the second most popular party is at 28% what's the difference between being on the primary ballot, where you could possibly get the dems to divide their vote enough to beat one of them, and the general election ballot?

15 hours ago, Taylor said:

I'm an AW conservative?

They passed legislation that it made possible (and highly likely in California) for there to be two candidates from the same party for statewide positions. They knew full well what the implications of it would be when they passed it. How is that not rigging?

I think that some people here are poisoning the well with some of this rhetoric.  False equivalences.   I mean your talking about the open primary in the same breath as the nonsense in Wisconsin.  It’s ridiculous man.  

Nothing is forever, politics change.  There are merits to the jungle primary.  Again, a 3rd party candidate can come to the fore.  I think that’s a great thing.  I think the two party system is a miserable failure and anything that potentially damages that system is GREAT in my mind.  And why can’t a non democrat win ? It wasn’t that long ago that Arnie was elected twice.  Do you really think that California is so devoted to the Democratic Party that someone like him couldn’t come forward and win.  Republicans ran ridiculous garbage candidates as they’ve done here for years.  Maybe they should try and reach out to the actual constituency here. MAGA chuds just aren’t going to win here.   Even that dipshit Ryan acknowledged the party didn’t put anything into winning statewide races.  

We’re just going to disagree strongly on this.  There’s no reasonable justification to call this “vote rigging” IMO. 

what do you imagine would be the difference if it was the previous system ? The state would still have 2 dem senators.  This primary was introduced in the same spirit as the independent districting.  Actually, both parties opposed it.  If you care to go read about it.  A friend pointed that out to me recently when discussing it and it’s a great point. Consider how much democrats attack their own.  certainly far more then republicans.  I can easily imagine too many Democrats entering one of these and denying a strong candidate enough votes to get past a Republican.

Edited by UndertheHalo

5 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I'm not totally familiar with the system but aren't they all on the primary ballots? When the second most popular party is at 28% what's the difference between being on the primary ballot, where you could possibly get the dems to divide their vote enough to beat one of them, and the general election ballot?

They’ll cry and stay home.  Apparently.