• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nike taking Kaepernick's side

Jason

This kap thing is annoying. The loudest kap guys like to claim he’s some great quarterback when in reality he could start for maybe 3-5 shitty teams. And even then those teams would probably rather start a rookie and try to develop them. They’d help their cause more if they based their arguments in reality

4 minutes ago, Adam said:

This kap thing is annoying. The loudest kap guys like to claim he’s some great quarterback when in reality he could start for maybe 3-5 shitty teams. And even then those teams would probably rather start a rookie and try to develop them. They’d help their cause more if they based their arguments in reality

Also, these owners aren't stupid. They know if they sign Colin that half their fanbase will get instantly turned off. Like it or not, that's what will happen, guaranteed. It would be a shit business decision of monstrous proportions.

Maybe. From a football standpoint I don't think there are many coaches interested in the distraction he'd bring. The ROI on a back up QB with that much baggage can't be in the black. Anyway, I definitely think there is collusion. I think the NFL totally effed this thing up. This brand of patriotism is silly imo. I wish this would all just go away.

• 9 months later...

Yeah so tell me again about how this isnt about the flag there Colin you lying hypocrite?
Better yet, convince me they ever actually intended to release this shoe, cause im not buying it.  This was a giant publicity stunt, nothing more. If anyone believe that this was pure happenstance and no one thought he would be offended or didnt talk to him in advance... i have a bridge for sale. 

Hadn't heard out of sack or pick in a while so it was time.  During the off season there's not a lot of reason for ESPN and the like to discuss how he's out of work even though ____ has a job as a back up for some team.  I don't really buy nike products and when I do need new running shoes, clothes, etc. I'll opt for one of the other brands who doesn't bow to pressure or use a publicity stunt like this.  I'm sure nike will be okay with out my money.  

I'll mock the hell out of companies for doing stupid shit like this, but it wouldn't stop me buying their product if I think it's the best product for the price. 

I mostly buy Under Armour stuff for myself, but my kids love Nike gear.  I still buy it for them.

Our awesome governor, after seeing that Arizona was no longer going to give Nike tax breaks (or whatever), invited them to set up shop in California, applauding them for “doing the right thing.”

newsom must be related to @Lou because he’s an ahole.

On 9/17/2018 at 8:57 AM, RallyMo said:

In the spirit of premature conclusions already being made about the financial fallout of a two week old decision, here's this:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/09/16/nike-sales-brisk-despite-kaepernick-controversy/1307506002/

of course sales are fine, they know their demographic and this played right to it amd got a shit ton of free advertising.... just as was planned. 

52 minutes ago, Tank said:

Our awesome governor, after seeing that Arizona was no longer going to give Nike tax breaks (or whatever), invited them to set up shop in California, applauding them for “doing the right thing.”

newsom must be related to @Lou because he’s an ahole.

Well CA needs to do something after losing another corporate HQ (Mitsubishi) this week... the State is hemorrhaging. 

1 hour ago, floplag said:

of course sales are fine, they know their demographic and this played right to it amd got a shit ton of free advertising.... just as was planned. 

Sounds like a victory for capitalism.

3 hours ago, floplag said:

1) You were so close to reaponding a year after I made the post, relatively speaking. Why not let it go all the way? You lack grit.

2) If you're going to go that far back, you might as well examine the entire thread and let the people who actually didn't realize this know how you felt.

25 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

1) You were so close to reaponding a year after I made the post, relatively speaking. Why not let it go all the way? You lack grit.

2) If you're going to go that far back, you might as well examine the entire thread and let the people who actually didn't realize this know how you felt.

Actually that my bad i didnt realize that one was older.   it was right above a newer one.  my apologies.