• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nike taking Kaepernick's side

Jason

10 hours ago, Blarg said:

I believe Kaepernick isn't shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcShcaMqp8u4NKqObiJYpshopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcShcaMqp8u4NKqObiJYpever going to play football in the NFL again. Even if it means Lou says, I Agree, a couple years from now.

i concur. his run was short and had some terrific moments, but the window closed pretty quickly for him.

On September 7, 2018 at 4:48 PM, Crampknees said:

It is Nike's business and they can run it as they want.  Since when does a POTUS get to weigh in on their own marketing decisions.  The king of bankruptcy is now a spokesperson on how you have to run your business.  This cult following shit is out of control.  He is not God. 

he's a billionaire.

billionaire.

with a B.

Nike’s online sales jumped 31% after company unveiled Kaepernick campaign

Talk of Nike Inc. sales taking a hit from the company’s decision to put ex–NFL player Colin Kaepernick at the center of its latest “Just Do It” campaign is looking overblown, based on data from a Silicon Valley digital commerce research company.

After an initial dip immediately after the news broke, Nike’s NKE, -0.12% online sales actually grew 31% from the Sunday of Labor Day weekend through Tuesday, as compared with a 17% gain recorded for the same period of 2017, according to San Francisco–based Edison Trends. 

“There was speculation that the Nike/Kaepernick campaign would lead to a drop in sales, but our data over the last week does not support that theory,” said Hetal Pandya, co-founder of Edison Trends."

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/nikes-online-sales-jumped-31-after-company-unveiled-kaepernick-campaign-2018-09-07

https://nypost.com/2018/09/07/nike-shares-climb-after-debut-of-colin-kaepernicks-just-do-it-ad/

Nike’s controversial Colin Kaepernick ad — which debuted Thursday night — is proving to be a lot less costly than first feared.

Hours after the two-minute spot first aired on NBC during the network’s season-opening “Thursday Night Football” telecast, Nike shares were trading up 73 cents at 11:26 a.m., to $81.13.

That meant Nike shares had regained more than half the $2.60-per-share decline — and $3.3 billion loss in market cap — it experienced Tuesday when the ad was first announced.

Since Wednesday, Nike shares have added $1.53 per share.

A fuller picture of the ad’s effect on sales may be unveiled Sept. 25 when the Beaverton, Ore., company reports its quarterly results.

On 9/5/2018 at 11:37 AM, floplag said:

Nike knows their demographics, there is very little risk in this for them im sure. as long as they dont need police protection, lol.  
The ludicrousness of the entire situation is beyond comprehension though.  Let me see if i have this straight... a black player who was raised by white family and had every possible break as a child decides to protest oppression by taking money from a company that uses sweat shop labor off shored openly oppressing its workers. 
I beleive... he got paid
He sacrificed... nothing, his career was basically done. 
This is the literal definition of hypocrisy for this man to be the face of this movement. 

Are you going to burn your Nike stuff?

29 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Are you going to burn your Nike stuff?

I don't have much Nike stuff, but if I were inclined to get rid of it, I would give it away.  Burning it is stupid.  I believe most people don't give a crap about this stuff and some of them could use some clothing.

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

I don't have much Nike stuff, but if I were inclined to get rid of it, I would give it away.  Burning it is stupid.  I believe most people don't give a crap about this stuff and some of them could use some clothing.

Agreed. I guess I'll change up the question:

@floplag, are you going to give up your Nike stuff in any way?

On 9/9/2018 at 7:53 AM, Lou said:

Nike’s controversial Colin Kaepernick ad — which debuted Thursday night — is proving to be a lot less costly than first feared.

That sentence is stating it was a stupid idea but not as stupid as they first thought but still stupid. 

Just do it. 

Even if it's a stupid idea.

35 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Agreed. I guess I'll change up the question:

@floplag, are you going to give up your Nike stuff in any way?

No, im not prone to knee jerk silly reaction and boycotts.  People are entitled to thier views.  what irks me on this one is how those who oppose it arent afforded that courtesy, but thats the norm these days. 
IF however i chose to do so i would donate it to those in need, not burn it. 

17 minutes ago, floplag said:

No, im not prone to knee jerk silly reaction and boycotts.  People are entitled to thier views.  what irks me on this one is how those who oppose it arent afforded that courtesy, but thats the norm these days. 
IF however i chose to do so i would donate it to those in need, not burn it. 

Wouldn't wanting to help people in need by giving them shoes that you purchased and also had a reasonable suspicion were made via slave labor make you (by your own standards) a Kaepernickian hypocrite?

The world's a tricky place.