• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nike taking Kaepernick's side

Jason

On 9/5/2018 at 9:37 AM, floplag said:

Nike knows their demographics, there is very little risk in this for them im sure. as long as they dont need police protection, lol.  
The ludicrousness of the entire situation is beyond comprehension though.  Let me see if i have this straight... a black player who was raised by white family and had every possible break as a child decides to protest oppression by taking money from a company that uses sweat shop labor off shored openly oppressing its workers. 
I beleive... he got paid
He sacrificed... nothing, his career was basically done. 
This is the literal definition of hypocrisy for this man to be the face of this movement. 

I don’t see it that way ... this isn’t about Kaepernick at all. Nike is standing up for racial injustice. I’m not black or brown so it’s difficult for me to relate. I do believe it’s a very real problem in America ... how about you?

15 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

I don’t see it that way ... this isn’t about Kaepernick at all. Nike is standing up for racial injustice. I’m not black or brown so it’s difficult for me to relate. I do believe it’s a very real problem in America ... how about you?

While using sweatshop labor? It's about the money, that's all

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

While using sweatshop labor? It's about the money, that's all

Nike began to monitor working conditions in factories that produce their products.[12] During the 1990s, Nike installed a code of conduct for their factories. This code is called SHAPE: Safety, Health, Attitude, People, and Environment.[7] The company spends around $10 million a year to follow the code, adhering to regulations for fire safety, air quality, minimum wage, and overtime limits. In 1998, Nike introduced a program to replace its petroleum-based solvents with less dangerous water-based solvents.[13] A year later, an independent expert[who?]stated that Nike had, "substituted less harmful chemicals in its production, installed local exhaust ventilation systems, and trained key personnel on occupational health and safety issues."[14] The study was conducted in a factory in Vietnam.

Nike created a non-governmental organization called the Global Alliance for Workers and Communities that became aligned with several other groups including the International Youth Foundation. The organization releases reports about the corporation and its plans to improve current conditions. The Global Alliance received backlash in 2001 when a report about the Nike Inc. did not include recent events such as strikes, worker terminations, and the lack of collective bargaining in their Indonesian factories.[9]

Between 2002 and 2004, Nike audited its factories approximately 600 times, giving each factory a score on a scale of 1 to 100, which is then associated with a letter grade. Most factories received a B, indicating some problems, or C, indicating serious issues aren't being corrected fast enough. When a factory receives a grade of D, Nike threatens to stop producing in that factory unless the conditions are rapidly improved. Nike had plans to expand their monitoring process to include environmental and health issues beginning in 2004.[12]

Monitoring has become the most popular method of enforcing regulations in Nike factories. After studying the results of the audits, this system has been found to be not as effective as authorities expected. When studying the monitoring process, it is important to look at how the monitoring is done, who takes part in it, and the purpose of the check.[15] The person conducting the visit must go in without a bias towards wanting or not wanting to find any flaws in the factory. Inspectors associated with the company have been found to hide errors and those with non-governmental organizations or other interest groups have exaggerated findings. Greater involvement of higher-level Nike employees such as those working for the corporate system is seen as a possible solution to labor issues.[15] At the design level, the intricacy of patterns on Nike products has been controlled in order to prevent factory workers from being unable to complete the merchandise.[15] By diffusing benefits to the factory workers from a powerful position, Nike is able to create a better working environment in production.

7 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Nike began to monitor working conditions...

Will you copy articles in plain text please? You’re a nice guy but your pictures and articles are annoying as f*ck. Just post a link or something. 

Edited by Lhalo

It is Nike's business and they can run it as they want.  Since when does a POTUS get to weigh in on their own marketing decisions.  The king of bankruptcy is now a spokesperson on how you have to run your business.  This cult following shit is out of control.  He is not God. 

1 hour ago, Crampknees said:

It is Nike's business and they can run it as they want.  Since when does a POTUS get to weigh in on their own marketing decisions.  The king of bankruptcy is now a spokesperson on how you have to run your business.  This cult following shit is out of control.  He is not God. 

The current POTUS gets to weigh in on Nike just like the past POTUS got to weigh in on the NRA. See how this works?

2 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

This is ... a reasonable post that I agree with.

Yesterday a Dallas PD officer shot and killed a black man in his own apartment because she thought it was her apartment. She had a key fob but it wasn't working, he opened the door from inside and she just shot him immediately. No warning, no put your hands up, just straight up murdered him in his own apartment.

So maybe Kap has a point. 

4 hours ago, Rico said:

Yesterday a Dallas PD officer shot and killed a black man in his own apartment because she thought it was her apartment. She had a key fob but it wasn't working, he opened the door from inside and she just shot him immediately. No warning, no put your hands up, just straight up murdered him in his own apartment.

So maybe Kap has a point. 

I agree that there is a real issue.

this is a bad example though