• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nike taking Kaepernick's side

Jason

11 minutes ago, Lou said:

which one of those links disproves that Trump didn't increase spending for vets?

i only got through 2 of them - one was about the wait time and the other was about the flag. I'm assuming the rest are more about nothing I had posted.

throw insults my way as much as you like. it's the lib SOP when they make a mistake and are called on it. 

They all point out how he actually shits all over vets, as he does with everyone else.

7 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

What I don't get is the guy who committed the most treasonous act in the history of our country has his base all riled up about what is patriotism and what isn't.  Just stick another W in Putin's win column MAGA's. 

Has a jury returned a verdict already on that? I must have missed it.

I guess Mueller can finish his report now that everything is settled.

29 minutes ago, Jason said:

Equating MLK with Kaepernick is just silly

But you said that any protest that angers a lot of people tarnishes the original message. Just because something angers a lot of people, doesn't mean that thing is wrong. People get up in arms about the wrong things all the time.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

I'm sure people said the same thing to MLK Jr.

That's not giving 1960s civil rights leaders like MLK Jr. and  Cesar Chavez remotely enough credit for being the brilliant political strategist that they were. Among everything else, they were astute at public relations. They understood the importance of it. Studying their tactics and thought processes during their struggles is immensely insightful and fascinating. The efforts in the present day, while admirable, is almost entirely self serving and shortsighted resulting in it being utterly counterproductive. Kaepernick I think ironically enough is the rare example of someone present day that for the most part really gets it. But he's drowned out by the sea of ignorance of both sides.

Nike knows their demographics, there is very little risk in this for them im sure. as long as they dont need police protection, lol.  
The ludicrousness of the entire situation is beyond comprehension though.  Let me see if i have this straight... a black player who was raised by white family and had every possible break as a child decides to protest oppression by taking money from a company that uses sweat shop labor off shored openly oppressing its workers. 
I beleive... he got paid
He sacrificed... nothing, his career was basically done. 
This is the literal definition of hypocrisy for this man to be the face of this movement.