• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels get a guy to throw the baseball. Acquire Ordrisamer Despaigne

6 minutes ago, Tank said:

i'm not even gonna bother looking at this guys' stats. i'm going to assume 6+ era and some ugly advanced stats. that's just how desperate they are for arms right now.

You’re guess is pretty accurate.  I think I saw his era was like 5.5 or something.  Not a ton of innings this year I don’t think.  But yea, they just want anybody capable of pretending to be a pitcher at this point. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 minutes ago, Tank said:

i'm not even gonna bother looking at this guys' stats. i'm going to assume 6+ era and some ugly advanced stats. that's just how desperate they are for arms right now.

Actually has a FIP in the low 3's in small sample size with the bigs this year.

But yeah, he's just here to eat some innings with Skaggs and Trop out. 

3 minutes ago, floplag said:

What this tells me is that weve literally exhausted anyone even remotely near ML ready on the farm, lol  

Exactly.   No reason to start the clock on Canning or Suarez in a season like this.  Especially with what it does to the 40 man roster.  You want those guys to force their way onto a major league roster and not simply be the next healthy guy up during a non playoff finish to a season.  

12 minutes ago, floplag said:

What this tells me is that weve literally exhausted anyone even remotely near ML ready on the farm, lol  

Yes...

We started the year with Skaggs, Ohtani, Heaney, Richards, J.C. Ramirez, Tropeano, and Shoemaker as the core rotation with Bridwell, Barria, Lamb, and Pena behind them as depth.

11 possible options

Currently active - Heaney, Barria, and Pena.  

It's pretty amazing to think that 4 months after the start of the season that we'd be looking at "live human, any live human" as a viable possible starter.  And, yet, this team is still 61-60, +40 Run Differential.  They could have collapsed and given up but they put up a fight and continue to try to be competitive every game.  

We're 2 weeks away from rosters expanding so there will be more arms that will be available for the BP games but, for right now, Eppler will just pull what he can off the waiver wire.

5 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

.....We're 2 weeks away from rosters expanding so there will be more arms that will be available for the BP games but, for right now, Eppler will just pull what he can off the waiver wire.

Yep....It is what it is.....

30 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Yes...

We started the year with Skaggs, Ohtani, Heaney, Richards, J.C. Ramirez, Tropeano, and Shoemaker as the core rotation with Bridwell, Barria, Lamb, and Pena behind them as depth.

11 possible options

Currently active - Heaney, Barria, and Pena.  

It's pretty amazing to think that 4 months after the start of the season that we'd be looking at "live human, any live human" as a viable possible starter.  And, yet, this team is still 61-60, +40 Run Differential.  They could have collapsed and given up but they put up a fight and continue to try to be competitive every game.  

We're 2 weeks away from rosters expanding so there will be more arms that will be available for the BP games but, for right now, Eppler will just pull what he can off the waiver wire.

With the volume of injuries weve had, it is kinda stunning that we are even a 500 team with mostly positive stats. 

I don't know if there is a guy out there who fits this description but if there is a pitcher on a multi year deal who has been a disappointment and is movable in August, would Eppler think about it, if he really likes the guy and thinks he might bounce back?  Would give you a head start on the offseason....

6 minutes ago, floplag said:

With the volume of injuries weve had, it is kinda stunning that we are even a 500 team with mostly positive stats. 

Yep...and, just looking at just the starter stats, we've performed well with the options we've had:

image.png.7bb63d55cc77d381594523ceccd7df88.png

We are also 6th out of 15 AL teams in "Quality Starts".  We are also 5th out of 15 in reliever ERA at 3.66 but dead last in "save percentage" at 56.10%.

So, we have starters that pitch well but don't last long (5.13 IP average), an offense that struggled to score for a couple of months, and a lot of close games that we lost in innings 5-7.