• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Taylor Ward: Angels calling up Taylor Ward

krAbs

11 hours ago, eligrba4ever said:

Pretty stinky reply, which doesn't address the remark. You ain't that clever. And EVERY ROOKIE WHO EVER LIVED has a weak spot that escapes detection until the The Show shines it's spotlight on him. That's usually when they fix it.

Clearly you missed the "everyone has holes" reference

Jose Ramirez' trajectory gives me hope anyway about Ward, but not saying he will get there of course.

Ramirez was a decent/solid minor league hitter, nothing special.   Even in his last partial minor league season (2015), he had an .801 OPS.

He never showed anywhere nears the power that he has shown since 2016.   He was always a SBs guy though (two straight seasons milb/mlb combined of at least 29 SBs).

6 hours ago, azmancini said:

I’m afraid he’s no bigger than 5’10....have you watched him in the box standing next to the catcher and ump on more than a handful of videos. My impression since spring training is that he is listed taller than he really is....wouldn’t surprise me.  Hope I’m wrong...not that there’s anything wrong with short dudes....just would prefer a taller dude at 3rd.

Men always want to add an inch, women always want to subtract an inch. Men who play sports they add an extra inch to their height while in the world of acting actresses want to be shorter & subtract an inch from their height, alot of 6'0 tall actresses try to have themselves listed as 5'11 1/2 or just 5'11 when in reality their 6'0 to 6'0 1/2, even ones who are 5'9 try to say their 5'8 1/2 or something.

13 minutes ago, Torridd said:

I looked at the condensed game, but didn't see any plays to him. Would someone reply how he did defensively?

Maybe two balls hit to him, one on the ground, fielded it cleanly, but what was strange is I noticed he never looked the guy back to third, he simply threw across the diamond to record the out.   It didn’t matter because the guy stayed at third, but it seemed like he just wanted to get the first ball hit to him out of the way so to speak. 

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Maybe two balls hit to him, one on the ground, fielded it cleanly, but what was strange is I noticed he never looked the guy back to third, he simply threw across the diamond to record the out.   It didn’t matter because the guy stayed at third, but it seemed like he just wanted to get the first ball hit to him out of the way so to speak. 

Those are just part of learning the position and will take time. Honestly the most important part is fielding it cleanly and making a good throw. Generally nerves will result in a booted ball because he's too focused on doing all the things right, (fielding it cleanly, looking the runner back and making a good throw). If he can be a fundamentally sound 3rd baseman and limit his mistakes while also hitting the ball the way he has this year, I would say the Angels found a decent prospect. They don't need anyone incredible at 3b, they need someone who isn't going to play like valbuena.