• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout Day to Day with wrist injury

red321

1 hour ago, tomsred said:

Come on, where are all of you who wanted a higher draft choice.

I like it. But this isn't the reason they are doing it. If they wanted to go the tanking route I would be all for it. Get the highest draft pick possible. But they aren't trying to do that. They are playing Valbuena because "reasons" and "trying" to win baseball games. 

He's not going to win the MVP. It will be Ramirez or Betts - whoever finishes stronger.

fWAR standings:

1. 7.6 Trout (109 games)

2. 7.3 Ramirez (106 games)

3. 6.6 Betts (90 games)

4. 5.9 Lindor (106 games)

rWAR standings:

1. 7.9 Trout

2. 7.3 Ramirez

3. 6.5 Betts

4. 6.3 Lindor

So even if Trout pulls ahead and finishes with around 11 WAR, Ramirez is probably going to be close enough--around 10 WAR--to make the difference between the two small enough that it is more than made up for him actually playing on a contender. 

That said, there is a small chance that Trout sneaks in the MVP because both Ramirez and Betts will lose votes to teammates: Lindor and Martinez, respectively - not to mention each other. So we can't totally write Trout off, I'd just put him as less likely than the other two.

4 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

He's not going to win the MVP. It will be Ramirez or Betts - whoever finishes stronger.

fWAR standings:

1. 7.6 Trout (109 games)

2. 7.3 Ramirez (106 games)

3. 6.6 Betts (90 games)

4. 5.9 Lindor (106 games)

rWAR standings:

1. 7.9 Trout

2. 7.3 Ramirez

3. 6.5 Betts

4. 6.3 Lindor

So even if Trout pulls ahead and finishes with around 11 WAR, Ramirez is probably going to be close enough--around 10 WAR--to make the difference between the two small enough that it is more than made up for him actually playing on a contender. 

That said, there is a small chance that Trout sneaks in the MVP because both Ramirez and Betts will lose votes to teammates: Lindor and Martinez, respectively - not to mention each other. So we can't totally write Trout off, I'd just put him as less likely than the other two.

I don’t wanna say zero chance because well it is Trout. But there is maybe a 1% chance he wins mvp. It’ll go to Boston Betts they will likely have the best or second best record in the league while the Angels will be in 4th place in the west.