• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WT Serious F Manfred?

floplag

What a stupid, passive-agressive thing for the commissioner to say. Instead of being classy, he got defensive and threw Trout under the bus. What a tool.

He should have just said something like, "Mike Trout is a generational player, and we're so lucky to have him. I have no doubt that his popularity and legacy will continue to soar throughout his career."

I read that article and I am incapable of being irate about this.  My guess is he is absolutely right about Trout.  We have said on here many of times he is an awful interview, he is a boring dude, who happens to be the best in the world at his craft.  That doesn’t make him marketable.  Sometimes you have to be willing to push yourself in order to improve in things like marketability.  

As the commissioner of baseball, he should mind his own freakin' business.  Mike Trout isn't obligated to spend his free time sponsoring products.  And that's part of the reason why he's probably the most respected player on the field.  He's the best in his craft and he'd rather just play the game.

If you want theatrics, go with Baez or Harper.  

Let Mike Trout go hunting and fishing in the offseason and shut your stupid face Manfred.

38 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I read that article and I am incapable of being irate about this.  My guess is he is absolutely right about Trout.  We have said on here many of times he is an awful interview, he is a boring dude, who happens to be the best in the world at his craft.  That doesn’t make him marketable.  Sometimes you have to be willing to push yourself in order to improve in things like marketability.  

Why?  Maybe he is exactly as "marketable" as he wants to be.

Was he asked the question?  Or did he bring up Trout?  If he was asked, “Why don’t we see the stars of baseball, like Mike Trout, marketed like other stars of other sports” then I have no problem with him saying, “we’d love to market him, but he needs to want to be marketed”. 

Mike Trouts's Q rating is supposedly the same as Kenneth Faried's. Every American friend of mine who's a sports fan knows who Mike Trout is, no matter what part of the country they live in. I honestly doubt if any of my friends know who Kenneth Faried is.

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Was he asked the question?  Or did he bring up Trout?  If he was asked, “Why don’t we see the stars of baseball, like Mike Trout, marketed like other stars of other sports” then I have no problem with him saying, “we’d love to market him, but he needs to want to be marketed”. 

as if that "spontaneous question" couldnt have been planned?  it seems a bit to convenient and random to have been anything but as  far as im concerned and either way he should have handled it very different, unless he was intending to make a point .

12 minutes ago, floplag said:

as if that "spontaneous question" couldnt have been planned?  it seems a bit to convenient and random to have been anything but as  far as im concerned and either way he should have handled it very different, unless he was intending to make a point .

Except for the single fact that baseball is constantly being ripped on for not marketing their players.  ESPN recently had too 100 Athletes in the World.  There were 3 cricket players and zero baseball players.  

This would have been more of a question to question why MLB doesn’t market their players. They were being critical of Manfred and he answered, nothing wrong with the answer.