• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Liberal Utopia

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

San Francisco to vote on taxing large companies to help the homeless

This should help the homeless situation.  Or create more homeless after the big companies flee this liberal utopia.

If you build it, they will come...

It would raise about $300 million a year — doubling what San Francisco spends on homelessness — for more shelter beds and housing for people who are homeless or at risk of becoming so.

1 minute ago, Lhalo said:

If you build it, they will come...

It would raise about $300 million a year — doubling what San Francisco spends on homelessness — for more shelter beds and housing for people who are homeless or at risk of becoming so.

The best part of having a policy to spend a lot of money on the homeless is that it never attracts more homeless to the city. 

You guys aren't familiar with supply and demand? San Francisco is a small place and tons of people want to live there. Ho-hum jobs pay $20/hr so people are willing to sleep in their cars so they can feed their families in Modesto.  And it's far from "Liberal Utopia", it's run by a bunch of tech bros. 

On July 18, 2018 at 9:23 PM, MuellerTime said:

And it's far from "Liberal Utopia", it's run by a bunch of tech bros. 

yep, tech bros. liberal tech bros.

Reid Ellison, Mark Zuckerberg, Tim Cook, Eric Schmidt, etc

all libs 

On 7/18/2018 at 3:15 PM, Lhalo said:

As of right now SF has around 7,500 homeless and the city is expected to double the amount of money spent on them to around $600 million. That's about $80k per bum.

Maybe I should live on the streets in San Francisco. If I have no housing cost, $80K would go quite a long way.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
10 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Fleeing SF like rats on a sinking ship.

Wanted to go visit there, but won't go now and can't see going in near future.

Maybe people are getting fed up with the way good old Nancy runs the place.

I think the remote workplace is going to hit the state hard.  

let's put it this way.  Why pay the highest sales tax in the country, the highest gas tax in the country, the highest income tax in the country, and pay a property tax based on an overinflated housing price?  When you could move to a different state and still remotely work and possibly earn the same amount of money, and pay less in sales, gas, income and you can get a bigger house with more land for a fraction of the price thus paying less property tax.

9 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I think the remote workplace is going to hit the state hard.  

let's put it this way.  Why pay the highest sales tax in the country, the highest gas tax in the country, the highest income tax in the country, and pay a property tax based on an overinflated housing price?  When you could move to a different state and still remotely work and possibly earn the same amount of money, and pay less in sales, gas, income and you can get a bigger house with more land for a fraction of the price thus paying less property tax.

I have seen this first hand. Since my company has gone remote many of our salesmen have moved out of state. All of them stated housing prices, politics and taxes as a reason for their move.

On a side note many people are fleeing Los Angeles as well. The inland empire is exploding right now with people baling from LA. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/where-rich-generation-xers-moving-110006404.html

I imagine if there's a net migration of higher earners then there's a net migration of the middle class leaving CA as well.  If I was looking at moving out of state now I'd offer to take a sizeable pay cut if I could work remote for my current employer but I'd also have no issues getting a new job locally at rate that's in line with the area.  Anywhere else I move the amount of my income going to housing would be a lot less and in the end I probably net more than I do now with lower housing costs and lower state taxes.