• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cards fire Mike Matheny as manager

Has failed to make the playoffs twice in a row and is only four games out of the playoffs right now.  It's good thing the Angels didn't place those sort of expectations on Scioscia.  Anyway, I only bring this up because if the Angels do indeed decide to part ways with Mike Scioscia at the end of the year, you have to figure Mike Matheny would at least get an interview for the job.  That guy has been unbelievable in St. Louis in his tenure there. 

Granted, the role of the manager probably has very little determination on the outcome of a season.  Still, if the Angels are looking for someone that has experience, is well respected, and is strong in the clubhouse, while also being open to revolutionary ideas and isn't afraid to make bold moves, Mike Matheny is it. 

Part of me actually hopes that either he or Eric Chavez is the next Angels manager.  We have Ausmus working in the front staff, which is cool I suppose, but as I understand, he wasn't that well liked in Detroit.  But winning has a funny way of fixing everything.

2 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Has failed to make the playoffs twice in a row and is only four games out of the playoffs right now.  It's good thing the Angels didn't place those sort of expectations on Scioscia.  Anyway, I only bring this up because if the Angels do indeed decide to part ways with Mike Scioscia at the end of the year, you have to figure Mike Matheny would at least get an interview for the job.  That guy has been unbelievable in St. Louis in his tenure there. 

Granted, the role of the manager probably has very little determination on the outcome of a season.  Still, if the Angels are looking for someone that has experience, is well respected, and is strong in the clubhouse, while also being open to revolutionary ideas and isn't afraid to make bold moves, Mike Matheny is it. 

Part of me actually hopes that either he or Eric Chavez is the next Angels manager.  We have Ausmus working in the front staff, which is cool I suppose, but as I understand, he wasn't that well liked in Detroit.  But winning has a funny way of fixing everything.

I have heard a ton of bad stuff about that guy.  Alienating players, making weird decisions.  

1 hour ago, Scotty@AW said:

Eric Chavez the guy who was never healthy as a player, he'd fit right in with the Angels.

I could see the headlines "New Angels manager Eric Chavez bonds with the players by being placed on the DL & sharing war stories of being on the DL for most his playing career".

11 minutes ago, calscuf said:

If he comes here I hope so: Cards fans hate him, make fun of him, yet he succeeds at his new job and Cards fans can’t figure out why or how but continue to make ex-girlfriend like comments about him.  The Cards fan who works for Shake Shack is especially anti-Matheny, the owner of Cardswin.com is as well.  The one Mexican Cards fan finds old pro-Matheny threads to shame current anti-Matheny guys who used to support him.  But he he to hates him now.  

The most handsome member of Cardswin.com will point out the inconsistencies and hypocrisy and knows it’s anti-handsome bias as he succeeds in Anaheim.  

my favorite thread on cardswin.com is the one about Matheny shooting himself in the foot, by a poster named Tards.

Edited by failos