• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Garrett Richards

2 minutes ago, HaloRed said:

Seize this unique season moment's opportunity with playing upon that heated battle between NYY and Boston fighting for that division and the best record.

Garrett Richards couldn't be more valuable to NYY.

Possible Trade?:

Richards and Kinsler for Torres and Gray

Why would they do this trade ever in a million years? 21 year old 2b who is arb eligible and Sonny gray who for the most part is a wash with Richards. So essentially you're doing Kinsler for Torres? You sound like a guy in my FFB league LOL

29 minutes ago, HaloRed said:

Seize this unique season moment's opportunity with playing upon that heated battle between NYY and Boston fighting for that division and the best record.

Garrett Richards couldn't be more valuable to NYY.

Possible Trade?:

Richards and Kinsler for Torres and Gray

Might as well as throw in Judge too.  Yankees need to open up a spot for Frazier anyways,

5 hours ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

I would take Ellsbury for about 5-7 million a year.  We can hope Adell is ready by 2020, but not 2019.  If Adell is the starter in 2020, Ellsbury would be a great veteran 4th outfielder.  You're probably right by saying the Yankees wouldn't eat that much of the contract for a Richards rental.

None of that would be necessary if we move Cozart to right field next year, start Fletcher at second, and have Taylor Ward and Jose Miguel Fernandez compete for thrid base.

That would be great if your goal is to achieve a cumulative 1.5 WAR out of three positions.  Great plan.

Richards under control for this and next year (with .5 mil buyout option).  He was very impressive in Seattle his last start, and we are nearing the deadline in 3 weeks.  If he continues to gun toward it, it is peak time to trade him as quite the chip. 

I only threw Torres in as possible Eppler demand return while we need a 2B.  The Cubs are faced the same between Addison and Machado.

I agree - trade Richards now.

Get some great young prospects for him.

the fact that he is under control next year just makes him that much more valuable in a deadline deal.

I like RIchards, he's our ace - I guess - right now - but it's a business and the Halos are not gong anywhere this year and need to re-tool.

39 minutes ago, HaloRed said:

Richards under control for this and next year (with .5 mil buyout option).  He was very impressive in Seattle his last start, and we are nearing the deadline in 3 weeks.  If he continues to gun toward it, it is peak time to trade him as quite the chip. 

I only threw Torres in as possible Eppler demand return while we need a 2B.  The Cubs are faced the same between Addison and Machado.

He’s a FA after this season 

OK - I was going by the prior post.

All the more reason to trade him if we can't sign him for next season.

will not get the same value as a rental as opposed to a starter signed through next season...........but we should deal him at deadline time to someone like the Yankees and get the top value we can get -- a pitching prospect or two.