• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday: 7/6 Dogers@Angels

3 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

So Roberts puts Puig in the dog house he is a disciplinarian but if Scioscia puts anyone in the dog house he is ruining their career.

If Roberts put Puig in the doghouse for a good one hop throw to home plate (that would have held Fletcher at 3rd) he is an idiot.

Just now, Homebrewer said:

What...they won?

Exactly my reaction. I was asleep but the laptop kept bleeping at the long string of posts. I figured the Angels musta won.

Turns out it was that and the ridiculous banter about Ohtani's count in the ninth. 

Watched the replay. Really cant fault Puig at all. He thought he might be able to catch it, then pulled up. Fletch would have been on third, either way.

Not that bad a throw. But Janssen was tardy backing up the play and the catcher never got in front of it. But the error still probably went to Puig on the throw.

40 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Dave Roberts just pointed out that nobody was there to back up the throw to the plate and you can tell he's pissed. That's Jansen's job and he just stood there. LOL.

not only was he out of position, but he didn't hustle after the ball once it had been overthrown. 

27 minutes ago, Blarg said:

If Roberts put Puig in the doghouse for a good one hop throw to home plate (that would have held Fletcher at 3rd) he is an idiot.

Fletcher was staying at third. The throw should have gone to the cutoff man but it was airmailed. Jansen failed to back up Grandal. They teach that in Little League. As fundamental as it gets.

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Fletcher was staying at third. The throw should have gone to the cutoff man but it was airmailed. Jansen failed to back up Grandal. They teach that in Little League. As fundamental as it gets.

It wasn't airmailed. Watch the replay it one hopped about 15 feet from the catcher. Right on target to nail Fletcher if he ran through the sign. It was a good throw by Puig, it was a shitshow by the catcher and Jansen that never backed up the play.

Grandal was surprised the throw was even coming to him instead of the cutoff man. He could see that Fletcher was holding at third. He wasn't ready for it for that reason and it sailed by him.

I like Fletcher's heads up baserunning there. His mind is definitely in the game. The more I see him, the more impressed I am.

Eppler fast tracked Fletcher two years ago. I was at Winter ball and got a chance to talk to him and let him know he was being talked about in the front office. He was surprised to hear it.

6th rounder jumps all other prospects to help lead the Angels to this win. Quite the success story and I hope the kid sticks. Not many players get to be on their home town team.