• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dear Dipoto & Scioscia, SHAKE THINGS UP

Chuck

Scioscia: Move Trout back to the leadoff spot NOW. Hamilton goes to #2, then Howie #3, Pujols #4 and Trumbo #5.

I want to see Conger getting half the time at catcher. When Bourjos gets back sell high and trade for a young SP like an Alex Cobb type.

Dipoto: Blanton was a mistake but it's even more of a mistake to keep him in the rotation. Cut him immediately. He's been way worse than advertised.

Fire Butcher. This team needs a new teacher. It's pretty clear.

Rays aren't trading Alex Cobb especially since he added a nasty changeup to his arsenal. And the farm system is too crappy to trade for Cliff Lee.

I said a Alex Cobb type... Young SP for young OF.

Scioscia: Move Trout back to the leadoff spot NOW. Hamilton goes to #2, then Howie #3, Pujols #4 and Trumbo #5.

I want to see Conger getting half the time at catcher. When Bourjos gets back sell high and trade for a young SP like an Alex Cobb type.

Dipoto: Blanton was a mistake but it's even more of a mistake to keep him in the rotation. Cut him immediately. He's been way worse than advertised.

Fire Butcher. This team needs a new teacher. It's pretty clear.

Agreed except for the trading away Bourjos part. 

Bat Bourjos leadoff (he was doing well in that spot). Trout - Hamilton - Kendrick - Pujols - Trumbo batting 2-6 works.

That said, bring back Bourjos in LF. Trout wasn't doing well in LF. Even though Bourjos is a marginally better CF than Trout, I believe he could be a much better LF than Trout (who didn't adapt to the position well) or JB Shuck. Trout and Bourjos in the OF simultaneously is a good thing for flyball pitchers.

On that note, Blanton is not a flyball pitcher, he is a home run pitcher. Blanton under Mike Butcher's guidance is a far worse home run pitcher than Ervin "Cy" Santana ever was. I agree with getting rid of Butcher.

Can't fire Butchy, he is Scioscia's guy.

Scioscia is Arte's guy.

We as fans are paying the price of Scioscia's lifetime contract.

Think Hamilton and Pujols are going to handcuff this team??

Just imagine Scioscia getting his way for 5 MORE YEARS.

This org is already corkscrewed so deep it is barely detectable.

He shook things up by starting Enright and bringing in Lowe in a crucial bases loaded and no out situation.

Then he brought in the team's second best starter (in Weaver's absence) to mop things up. (I'm referring to Garrett Richards)

Moreno is the biggest problem

then Butcher

then Scioscia

then Dipoto

I am a big fan of Dipoto.

He is the only fresh face in this organization, a smart guy, who might someday have a chance to prove he has a clue.

I just wish Arte would give him the power to do what needs to be done.

Until he does, this org is just drilling a deeper hole for themselves.

It's interesting that everyone agrees that we came into the season with a suspect bullpen and little to no depth and we had a rotation that was short of quality pitchers with little depth. Then we lose a couple of key pitchers in both the rotation and the bullpen, are forced to bring up pitchers that don't belong at this level due to lack of depth and when they pitch like crap we cry for the pitching coaches head because he was unable to turn mediocre to poor pitchers into quality arms.

I would move trumbo back to fifth.  Hamilton looks better at the plate. 

If you could get a young controllable high potential arm for pbj, I think they would have done that sooner, but yeah, if you can do it great.  The only reason I would be on board with this now is that I think Trout needs to play CF everyday and putting pbj in lf decreases his value.  

I would give Conger about half the games at C

Yes, I would ditch Blanton in a heartbeat, but I don't think it happens.

Can't fire Butchy, he is Scioscia's guy.

Scioscia is Arte's guy.

We as fans are paying the price of Scioscia's lifetime contract.

Think Hamilton and Pujols are going to handcuff this team??

Just imagine Scioscia getting his way for 5 MORE YEARS.

This org is already corkscrewed so deep it is barely detectable.

Coaches are a DiPoto decision, that was proven last year.  We're not paying for anything, they are Arte's bucks.

Yeah. I don't get why people are saying Trout to play CF. Bourjos is the better CF. Having Trout in LF and Bourjos in CF will make the defense better. 

Bourjos is a slightly better CF than Trout.

Bourjos is a much better LF than Trout. (Trout is not a very good LF)

Having two elite centerfielders means that one must necessarily be underitilized. Problem here is that Trout seems to be out of his element moving to LF, and has a difficult time performing offensively when he's not playing his preferred position. Cabrera moving out of his preferred defensive position to make room for Prince Fielder, without losing a step offensively, is a valid argument for why he should have won MVP.

Note: I can post videos if people disagree

I am worried that Niese is damaged goods. 

I think he is just tired and had to pitch in a lot of crap weather. He is a good SP, who's value is a little low at this point, so it is the perfect time to swoop in and grab him.

Mets have young arms on the way, but their outfield is barren. This trade would help both teams.

Bourjos is a slightly better CF than Trout.

Bourjos is a much better LF than Trout. (Trout is not a very good LF)

Having two elite centerfielders means that one must necessarily be underitilized. Problem here is that Trout seems to be out of his element moving to LF, and has a difficult time performing offensively when he's not playing his preferred position. Cabrera moving out of his preferred defensive position to make room for Prince Fielder, without losing a step offensively, is a valid argument for why he should have won MVP.

Bourjos is much better in LF than Trout? Based on what.

Trout played 47 games 328 innings, in LF last year and did just fine both offensively and defensively. The notion that he is not a good LF or that that defensive position was negatively effecting his offense, based on a small sample after he performed well previously over a bigger sample is not sound reasoning.