• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dear Dipoto & Scioscia, SHAKE THINGS UP

Chuck

Bourjos is a slightly better CF than Trout.

Bourjos is a much better LF than Trout. (Trout is not a very good LF)

Having two elite centerfielders means that one must necessarily be underitilized. Problem here is that Trout seems to be out of his element moving to LF, and has a difficult time performing offensively when he's not playing his preferred position. Cabrera moving out of his preferred defensive position to make room for Prince Fielder, without losing a step offensively, is a valid argument for why he should have won MVP.

Note: I can post videos if people disagree

Cabrera's preferred position was 3rd base. The Tigers moved him to 1st because his defense was lacking. Once they picked up Fielder the moved him back to 3rd and just accepted the poor range, reflexes and glove work.

Cabrera was 2nd in MVP voting to Hamilton while he was a 1st baseman for the Tigers.

Coaches are a DiPoto decision, that was proven last year. We're not paying for anything, they are Arte's bucks.

Oh that's right, we're not paying for anything. These games are free. The food I eat at the stadium is just handed to me at no cost. I love the Angels hat I wear to the games that I paid nothing for. Thanks DirecTV for the countless Angels losses that I view on a complimentary basis.

Not paying for anything is the heat.

Scioscia: Move Trout back to the leadoff spot NOW. Hamilton goes to #2, then Howie #3, Pujols #4 and Trumbo #5.

I want to see Conger getting half the time at catcher. When Bourjos gets back sell high and trade for a young SP like an Alex Cobb type.

Dipoto: Blanton was a mistake but it's even more of a mistake to keep him in the rotation. Cut him immediately. He's been way worse than advertised.

Fire Butcher. This team needs a new teacher. It's pretty clear.

I agree with your points.  Although I wouldn't trade PB unless we get legitimate arms in return.

Trout should be at lead off.

Problem with cutting Blanton is that he would probably come back with another team and win the Cy Young....that is our luck!

At this point yeah, it's too late to shake things up. Should have done it before the season started. I hate to keep bringing it up because it's history now, but this rotation was doomed from the beginning and whoever didn't see them failing was banking on hope and a prayer.

At this point I agree with you.  With Hanson out and Weaver out we guarantee 2 out of 5 days.  The other three days its a toss up if we win or lose.

There is not really much they can do at this point.  The pieces they have are either expensive to move or create holes that would take a couple of seasons to fill effectively. 

First thing, move Aybar out of the lead-offspot.  Ianetta has a higher OBP, for God's sake.  He's just not good as a table setter.  Aybar is talented but he's also a turnip-head who zero situational awareness.  His contract is affordable so he could be moved but he'd have to be moved for a SS near the MLB level otherwise your options are Harris or (shudder) Romine.

I know a lot of people want to move Trout to the lead-off spot again but it may be wiser to move him to third and have Callaspo bat lead-off and move Hamilton to 2nd so he can see more fastballs.  Trout's skill set is evolving and, right now, he's the best hitter on the team...they need to maximize his RBI opportunities.

Callaspo, Hamilton, Trout, Pujols, Trumbo, Kendrick, Aybar, Ianetta/Conger, Schuck

When Bourjos comes back, move Callaspo to 2nd and Hamilton back to 4th or 5th.

Commit to Garrett Richards for the rest of the season as a starting pitcher.  He's got the best stuff of the alternatives that are left, quit jerking him around and let's see what he can do.  RIght now we have 2 pitchers you can rely on to give a decent start: Wison and Vargas.  Blanton is awful and his best would be not be enough to crack any rotation at this point.  Stick his ass in the BP with a sign that says "Break glass in case of blow-outs".  It's not fair to get on Enright, he's obviously not suited to be a MLB starter and the fact he was chosen at all is a greater mystery.  When Weaver and Hanson return, the rotation could be respectable with Weaver, Wilson, Hanson, Vargas and Richards...not great, but decent.

The BP has been better lately but Lowe needs to be shown the door.  If Madsen is even close to what he was (his 94 mph fastball is encouraging) and Jepsen can heal up, a BP of Kohn, Jepsen, De La Rosa, Downs, Frieri, Williams, and Madsen has potential.

Unfortunately, until some guys get healthy, there is not many moves to be made this season.

I see no reason why Enright and Blanton are marched out there every 3 days for a blood bath. Anyone with a brain who watches baseball more than 5 minutes understands these guys stink at an epic level. I don't care who we have in Single-A to Triple-A start any of them and see what happens. Atleast there won't be scouting reports on them so the hitters know exactly how to rock them like they do Blanton and Enright. There is absolutely 0 upside in those scrubs.

Having two elite centerfielders means that one must necessarily be underitilized. Problem here is that Trout seems to be out of his element moving to LF, and has a difficult time performing offensively when he's not playing his preferred position. Cabrera moving out of his preferred defensive position to make room for Prince Fielder, without losing a step offensively, is a valid argument for why he should have won MVP.

Slightly?? No, the routines on plays are night and day difference  between Trout and Bourjos. Plus, Bourjos has a better arm.

Totally disagree with this statement. There is a very large outfield out there and this defense is designed to cover a large part of it. By having two exceptional defenders in LF and CF you can shift Trout towards CF, shift Bourjos towards RF and allow Hamilton/Trumbo to move closer to the RF line. It provides more comprehensive line drive and flyball coverage which increases run prevention.

Even if you had 3 CF's playing the OF it still would have some value as even the most elite outfielder has some limit to their range and even 3 elite defenders couldn't cover the entire OF (although in that scenario they would probably come close).

In the end two elite defensive CF's add value and run prevention. Three CF's would still add value, although probably marginally so.

It makes me sick they wasted this offensive talent by rolling out this pitching staff. Very frustrating.

With all due respect Shane, the offense has sucked too. The only waste going on is by the players.

Can't fire Butchy, he is Scioscia's guy.

Scioscia is Arte's guy.

We as fans are paying the price of Scioscia's lifetime contract.

Think Hamilton and Pujols are going to handcuff this team??

Just imagine Scioscia getting his way for 5 MORE YEARS.

This org is already corkscrewed so deep it is barely detectable.

Wasn't Hatcher Scioscia's guy?

So, to those who correlate Trout hitting well while in center, couldn't you also correlate that Trout is hitting well because he's hitting second?

No.  He hit leadoff all year last year and look what happened.  Hitting 2nd has nothing to do with him heating up.