• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Harper hitting .213 in his free agent walk year

5 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Sadly?  There is nothing "sad" about that.  If I could wave a magic wand, one thing I would do is get rid of the negative emotions attached to economic envy.

Millions and millions of people are positively motivated by seeing others have economic success.

I am happy to see people do well, and it tells me I need to keep pursuing something better for myself.

I see no sadness in Bryce Harper landing a monster contract after hitting .213.

If I could wave a magic wand somewhere on that list would be having contracts dollars being private.

2 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

It will be like the JD Martinez contract on steroids.  Lots of money upfront then an opt out.  So something like $35 million a year for the first two years, then an opt out, then 6 more years at $30 million.  So 8 years and $250ish.  

I think that's totally spot on.  Maybe one more year of 30 on that.  maybe

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

btw, right now his 9 WAR year is the outlier.  

he's a really nice player that could explode, but he's clearly got holes in his swing and he goes dark for long periods on top of that.  He's also a mediocre defender at best.  

I wonder if Harper's "flair" that some people here laud (and lament that Trout doesn't have) is what causes him to be so dang streaky. Trout's quiet approach allows him to adjust. Harper doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would be willing to make an adjustment, even if it would help his swing.

3 hours ago, Dochalo said:

btw, right now his 9 WAR year is the outlier.  

he's a really nice player that could explode, but he's clearly got holes in his swing and he goes dark for long periods on top of that.  He's also a mediocre defender at best.  

Actually he doesn't.

He has a plate discipline problem.  Throw him a strike and he is a beast.

Right now he is swinging at everything out of the strike zone.

3 hours ago, Taylor said:

I wonder if Harper's "flair" that some people here laud (and lament that Trout doesn't have) is what causes him to be so dang streaky. Trout's quiet approach allows him to adjust. Harper doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would be willing to make an adjustment, even if it would help his swing.

Have you watched him much this year or are you basing this on preconceived notions?

On 6/20/2018 at 1:23 PM, Dtwncbad said:

Actually he doesn't.

He has a plate discipline problem.  Throw him a strike and he is a beast.

Right now he is swinging at everything out of the strike zone.

Jim Thome was talking about this very problem last night on MLB and they showed plenty of video to back it up.

He said with all the injuries they’ve had in the top/middle of their order, sometimes guys try to do too much and then get outta wack.

51 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Perchance are you both members of Duran Duran? Roger, is that you?

Nope not THAT John Taylor sorry, I do play bass though, and I was totally a Wide Receiver for the 49ers back in the 80s

The other guy could be the drummer of Queen.