• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is it odd or puzzling to anyone else that Eric Hinske is the Angels hitting coach

and is a career .249 hitter with 137 career home runs?  Sorry if this is a Craig but it's both puzzling and fascinating how a player with such a low batting average gets a job with a big market MLB team.  Imagine that interview?  So I see your career batting average was only .249, how will you be able to help the hitters on the Angels? 

What do you think his response was and how in holy hell did he get the job?  More incompetence but this ORG?  I know the bullpen sucks and that's not his job but it's still amazing to me that he was actually able to get hired.

8 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Still though, you'd think a batting coach should have at least hit .300 or close to it no?  In theory then, Jeff Mathis could become a hitting coach even though he is a god awful hitter correct?

sure.  check out who the mlb hitting coaches are. 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/List_of_current_Major_League_Baseball_coaching_staffs

57 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

and is a career .249 hitter with 137 career home runs?  Sorry if this is a Craig but it's both puzzling and fascinating how a player with such a low batting average gets a job with a big market MLB team.  Imagine that interview?  So I see your career batting average was only .249, how will you be able to help the hitters on the Angels? 

What do you think his response was and how in holy hell did he get the job?  More incompetence but this ORG?  I know the bullpen sucks and that's not his job but it's still amazing to me that he was actually able to get hired.

Walt Hriniak couldn't hit to save his balls..... probably why he learned everything there was to know about hitting and became a legendary batting instructor.   Dave Duncan, the dean of pitching coaches.. never pitched a day in his life.  He was a catcher.   Like Doc said -- zero correlation....

10 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

How in the world is Chili Davis not our hitting coach?  Terry Bradshaw for the Royals LOL!!  I only think of the football player.  The M's have Edgar Martinez....they also have an awesome record.  Hmmm?

5 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

Because what he accomplished in the bigs has nothing to do with his ability to coach.  

Then there are those who couldn't hit or coach. To be fair, however, you could be a wizard at coaching, but when you have the likes of Blash,Young, Calhoun Valbuena, Pujols, Cozart, Marte, or Maldonado to work with you are rather screwed.

1 hour ago, EDinTUSTIN said:

Then there are those who couldn't hit or coach. To be fair, however, you could be a wizard at coaching, but when you have the likes of Blash,Young, Calhoun Valbuena, Pujols, Cozart, Marte, or Maldonado to work with you are rather screwed.

Tustin Ed sighting!

Agreed. This is what it all comes down to. The best coach in the world cant do anything with poor talent. And even q guy like Hatcher can work with guys and get them to all bat .300...if theyre the right guys.

Just now, Mickeym said:

Just like Hinske and Scioscia are doing with Kole Calhoun. Looks like Hayward is having a better season with Hinske gone. Maddon doesn't  bat Hayward 4th like Scioscia continues to bat Pujols.

No he batted Swarber first or second quite a bit of the year with a sub .200 batting average.