• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2018-19

gotbeer

14 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Especially Montreal.

Maybe they can convince Perry that Montreal is going to be good so he waives his NMC & send them Perry + a frenchy like Comtois for Pacioretty.

Montreal probably pulls the trigger just cause of Comtois's name. If Pacioretty doesn't sign it ends up being a nice salary dump.

Well, scratch Comtois.  At most, I'd put a conditional pick in there.  And by conditional, 6th to 4th (since we don't have a 3rd) 

Max Pacioretty – Habs trade/contract drama gets another wrinkle

Here’s the latest: sources say that Pacioretty won’t negotiate a contract extension once the 2018-19 begins, even if he’s a member of a team other than the Canadiens, according to Le Journal De Montreal’s Marc De Foy (via Eric Engels) and TSN’s Gino Reda.

WOW Ottawa is the dumbest run team in the league by a longshot now. If thats what the cost was the Ducks should have gotten them to take Perry in exchange for a much better return or sent picks/prospect for another team to take Perry & then trade for Karlsson.

They received the 3rd & 4th best prospects from SJ's below average farm system. Given how SJ has drafted b4, i'd say its definitely a below average farm system.

Here are the particulars of the conditions of the Karlsson trade per cap friendly.

2019 2nd rounder is the higher of the two picks San Jose has, their own or the Panthers.

2020 first rounder.  If the Sharks do not make the playoffs in 2019, then the Sens get the Sharks 2019 first rounder.  If the sharks do make the playoffs, then Buffalo gets the 2019 first rounder, and the Sens get the Sharks 2020 first rounder.

2021 second rounder.  Sens get the 2021 second rounder if Karlsson re-signs, and if the sharks reach the stanley cup final in 2019, then the pick  becomes a first rounder.

Other option that probably won't happen.  If Karlsson is on an eastern conference team in 18-19 Sens receive a first round pick no later than 2022.  

36 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Buried under all the Karlsson talks.

Tyler Seguin, Stars Agree to 8-Year, $78.8 Million Contract Extension

Oh, and the way the Stars announced it is pretty epic.  

Thats a really great deal for the Stars considering he signed that in todays cap enviro & not in the year Getzlaf signed his with the Ducks.

Seguin scores more goals, is faster & spends less time in the penalty box than Getzlaf & guys that are 6'1 are less likely to break down than 6'4 Getzlaf type dudes.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Remember when Duchene said he wouldn't mind staying on the Senators long term?  That ship may have also sailed.

Matt Duchene on Senators putting Zack Smith on waivers: 'It's a kick in the balls for us'

I'd buy low on Duchene, Senators won't be able to get much for him.  Looking at the price of Karlsson, it shouldn't cost much at all for Duchene.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

That is a very sad story. Good for Adam Graves and Glen Healey for trying to help him. Adam Graves is one of the finest human beings I have ever had the privilege of meeting. It is incredible all he does to give back to everyone, everywhere. The world would be a better place if they found a way to clone him. 

6 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

wow. reminds me of the matt johnson story.

i hope the effort to help by graves and healey works and joe accepts what they're offering.