• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2018-19

gotbeer

3 hours ago, nate said:

Already rumors that Trotz could end up with the expansion team in Seattle.

So Seattle is wanting to do the same thing as Vegas, make the playoffs in year 1.

If the 31 owners cared more about winning they'd demand an extra protection slot for their rosters in the expansion draft.

Simon Despres Wants A Second Chance At NHL

I'm sure someone will give him a minor league tryout.  But i can't imagine a team risking a long term deal on him anymore.  Interestingly, looking at CapFriendly, his cap hit has been zeroed out.   I'm wondering if there was some rule change for buyouts of LTIR or if the Ducks got an exemption or something like that.  

15 hours ago, gotbeer said:

$650 million reasons why they care about the extra slot.  

I think they also figured out that an expansion team being abjectly terrible for a decade doesn't help the league.

17 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Report: Kessel not opposed to trade, would play for Tocchet's Coyotes

He's willing to play for the Coyotes.  Another article I saw was the Coyotes didn't want to take on his salary because it would take them too far past the FLOOR.  That team needs to go bye bye.  

Perry for Kessel.  

Kessel has won two Cups in the last three seasons and gets to play with two of the best players in the world. There's the realistic potential for more Cups in the next five years. WHY ON EARTH would you want to leave that to play for one of the worst teams in league history?!?

2 hours ago, Tank said:

Kessel has won two Cups in the last three seasons and gets to play with two of the best players in the world. There's the realistic potential for more Cups in the next five years. WHY ON EARTH would you want to leave that to play for one of the worst teams in league history?!?

All while being in the middle of the desert with no beach or cool citys.

3 hours ago, Tank said:

Everything I'm reading is he really really really doesn't like the coach.  He does like the Arizona coach though.  Hopefully he will say he likes Carlyle also.  

San Jose continues to shed payroll.  The just bought Out Paul Martin.  According to Capfriendly, that cuts another $2.8 million.  That means they will be $18 million under the cap.  Sure does sound like they are going hard for Tavares.

LOL In the 4th round Detroit selects Ryan O'Reilly, yes another Ryan O'Reilly. Just think if he makes it to the NHL & their on the same team, how the heck are the play by play guys going to call a goal scored by one of the Ryan O'Reilly's ? Ryan O'Reilly 2.0 for the younger one ?

On 6/19/2018 at 6:21 PM, gotbeer said:

He's willing to play for the Coyotes.  Another article I saw was the Coyotes didn't want to take on his salary because it would take them too far past the FLOOR.  That team needs to go bye bye. 

There was a rumor for a while that the Golden Knights owner was going to buy the Coyotes and move them to Las Vegas. I now understand why he wasn't interested, seeing how that franchise has been run and some of the decisions that they have made.

Dougie Hamilton Traded to Hurricanes in 5-Player Deal; Flames Get Elias Lindholm

The Carolina Hurricanes acquired defenseman Dougie Hamilton, winger Micheal Ferland and defensive prospect Adam Fox from the Calgary Flames on Saturday in exchange for center Elias Lindholm and defenseman Noah Hanifin, according to Greg Wyshynski of ESPN.com.