• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2018-19

gotbeer

13 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

@nate  That's just a weird ass trade as is.  Galchenyuk is owed a bit of money and Domi is a RFA.  Stats wise, they seem to be wash though.  

It is one of those change of scenery trades, really odd when you consider what each team could have gotten draft pick wise for those two.

13 minutes ago, nate said:

It is one of those change of scenery trades, really odd when you consider what each team could have gotten draft pick wise for those two.

Both first rounders.   With Galchenyuk a #3 overall.  I guess they figure they couldn't get a first, or even close.  So they just switched their first round disappointments.  Maybe we can persuade Arizona to give us Galch for Ritchie.  ?

46 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Both first rounders.   With Galchenyuk a #3 overall.  I guess they figure they couldn't get a first, or even close.  So they just switched their first round disappointments.  Maybe we can persuade Arizona to give us Galch for Ritchie Perry.  ?

Fixed

13 hours ago, Tank said:

kings reacquired G peter budaj in exchange for FW andy andreoff. looks like they plan to play budaj in the minors and will keep campbell as the backup.

Shouldn't the Kings already know that Budaj just isn't good?

16 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Shouldn't the Kings already know that Budaj just isn't good?

he had a good run a couple of years ago when quick was injured but he's clearly not a long term solution.

i'm guessing he's insurance in case quick goes down again. campbell only has a pocketful of games in the bag, so this isn't a terrible move.

if budaj is playing more than 15 games a season for the parent club, there's a huge problem.

1 minute ago, nate said:

Trotz resigned as the coach of the Capitals... whoah

Murray better be on the phone talking to Trotz, maybe Trotz can fix the defense to not allow so many shots, if he can't fix it then no one can.

Just imagine what his system would do with Fowler & Lindholm, if Gibson has another great season + a massive improvement on defense it could offset losing Kesler for the whole season. Then having improvements from Rakell, Kase, Roy, Terry etc.

1 minute ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Murray better be on the phone talking to Trotz, maybe Trotz can fix the defense to not allow so many shots, if he can't fix it then no one can.

Just imagine what his system would do with Fowler & Lindholm, if Gibson has another great season + a massive improvement on defense it could offset losing Kesler for the whole season. Then having improvements from Rakell, Kase, Roy, Terry etc.

Unless he brings Ovi with him it won't matter

17 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Rakell, Getzlaf, Ovechkin.  That would be fun to watch.

But wouldn't mind Trotz at all.   He has a similar style as Carlyle, except smarter.  

I would take Trotz any day of the week of Carlyle.

13 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Pfff. What has Trotz done lately?

I heard he wont a cup from someone named Steven or Stanley or something, but that has not been confirmed.

Edited by nate

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Rakell, Getzlaf, Ovechkin.  That would be fun to watch.

But wouldn't mind Trotz at all.   He has a similar style as Carlyle, except smarter.  

I liked how he turned the Capitals from a team that plays all offense & no defense into a much better defensive team, they started playing 200% better when he arrived in Washington. Even with the roster they had this year they still would use the trap at least sometimes.

Perhaps he would be the coach that coaches the Ducks into finally beating Nashville in the playoffs.

23 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Havent been following it, but is this s SJW situation?  Or are teams just not standing for it anymore?

I don't think it's SJW. When your star player's wife is being harassed by a teammate's gf, wishing that her and her fetus dead, that becomes a bit of a "chemistry issue" in the locker room. Especially when you're begging and pleading (obviously) for Karlsson to stay.  Crazy story.  I didn't see that the Shark's flipped Hoffman already. 

So looking at the feeds.

Ottawa:

• Michel Boedekker 37 pts 47.2/48.3 Corsi/Fenwick  2 years $4 million per
  • Julius Bergman 22 year old dman.  last 3 years at the ahl.  -20 +/- last season which isn't good.
  • SJ 6th rounder 2020

Florida 

• HOffman 56 pts 49.4/49 c/f 2 years $5.18 Million per
  • SJ 7th rounder 2018

San Jose

• Florida 2nd round 2019
  • Vegas 4th rounder 2018
  • Flordai 5th rounder 2018
  • Cody Donaghy 22 year old dman.  still at the echl level which isn't good for a 22 year old.  -24 +/- which also isn't good.
  • Ottawa 5th rounder 2020

So the sharks just unloaded $4 million in cap space and is at $11 million in free space.