• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2018-19

gotbeer

3 hours ago, Tank said:

Its probably pretty tough to be an Ottawa fan these days.

Its tough to be Bobby Ryan as well. He most certainly would waive his no trade clause for probably every team in the league but no one wants his contract so he's stuck on a team that doens't have its likely top3 pick in 2019 draft. He'll either respond by playing really good in the first half & gets traded or he'll have the worst season of his career & gets bought out because at that point he's so bad that the Sens would rather save a little bit of money, then he would sign a salary min contract with another team & rebounds. Calgary, Anaheim or Boston will probably be the teams signing him. Would he fit on the Kings if he signed for salary min at that point ? They could stuff him on their 4th line & produce 30 points there.

On 8/3/2018 at 10:32 PM, Scioscia4MVP said:

Its tough to be Bobby Ryan as well. He most certainly would waive his no trade clause for probably every team in the league but no one wants his contract so he's stuck on a team that doens't have its likely top3 pick in 2019 draft. He'll either respond by playing really good in the first half & gets traded or he'll have the worst season of his career & gets bought out because at that point he's so bad that the Sens would rather save a little bit of money, then he would sign a salary min contract with another team & rebounds. Calgary, Anaheim or Boston will probably be the teams signing him. Would he fit on the Kings if he signed for salary min at that point ? They could stuff him on their 4th line & produce 30 points there.

Bobby Ryan and Mark Stone for Perry, Silfverberg and Ritchie.  Get er done Murray.  

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Bobby Ryan and Mark Stone for Perry, Silfverberg and Ritchie.  Get er done Murray.  

What line would you put Ryan on ?

Assuming they sign Mark Stone long term that trade is a huge win, Stone had over a point per game last year 62 points in 58 games & only 26 years old.

8 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

What line would you put Ryan on ?

Assuming they sign Mark Stone long term that trade is a huge win, Stone had over a point per game last year 62 points in 58 games & only 26 years old.

Stone on line 2 with Kesler.  Last 4 years of stone, Selke 46, Selke 18, Selke 6, Selke 22.  That would mean a shutdown line with someone that can actually find the net.

Ryan on the 3 line with Kase and Henrique.  Hopefully he finds his mojo but at least won't take a dumb penalty.  

8 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Stone on line 2 with Kesler.  Last 4 years of stone, Selke 46, Selke 18, Selke 6, Selke 22.  That would mean a shutdown line with someone that can actually find the net.

Ryan on the 3 line with Kase and Henrique.  Hopefully he finds his mojo but at least won't take a dumb penalty.  

What if Ryan has instant chemistry with Getzlaf (while Eaves starts out slow) & they reunite them on the top line ?

Ryan/Getzlaf/Rakell

Kase/Kesler/Stone

Cogs/Henrique/Eaves

Gibbons/Rowney/Roy

Still a part of me will be sad to never see Jones play with Perry & Kesler.

Just for the LOLs I'd like to someday see them try a game with a Troll line of Jones/Kesler/Perry that agitates the other team to hell but could also try Jones/Kesler/Ritchie.

2 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

What if Ryan has instant chemistry with Getzlaf (while Eaves starts out slow) & they reunite them on the top line ?

Ryan/Getzlaf/Rakell

Kase/Kesler/Stone

Cogs/Henrique/Eaves

Gibbons/Rowney/Roy

Still a part of me will be sad to never see Jones play with Perry & Kesler.

Just for the LOLs I'd like to someday see them try a game with a Troll line of Jones/Kesler/Perry that agitates the other team to hell but could also try Jones/Kesler/Ritchie.

Ryan/Getzlaf/Rakell

But I'd still have Cogs/Kesler/Stone.  Just because I think Kase and Henrique have a thing going.  So Kase/Henrique/Eaves.  

18 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Ryan/Getzlaf/Rakell

But I'd still have Cogs/Kesler/Stone.  Just because I think Kase and Henrique have a thing going.  So Kase/Henrique/Eaves.  

True. Kase likes to have the puck alot so he might not fit with Stone(who likes to have the puck as well), With Stone he can do the playmaking thus taking some of burden off of Kesler to create plays on his line, Kesler could just focus on his shooting cause Cogs is gonna miss on some of those great passes by Stone.

• 2 weeks later...

Rumors are beginning to pick up again about Ottawa and Karlsson.  This time it sounds like Vancouver (lol) is making a push.  

My gut feeling is, if Karlsson gets dealt, Stone and Duchene will soon follow.  That place is so toxic right now, that I can't see any of them staying once one goes.

On 8/22/2018 at 2:43 PM, gotbeer said:

Rumors are beginning to pick up again about Ottawa and Karlsson.  This time it sounds like Vancouver (lol) is making a push.  

My gut feeling is, if Karlsson gets dealt, Stone and Duchene will soon follow.  That place is so toxic right now, that I can't see any of them staying once one goes.

Ottawa is gradually playing their position of strength into one of weakness. The longer that the guy stays on the market, the fewer the number of suitors and the less amount of return. The Knights supposedly kicked the tires on a potential deal, then backed away when they heard the asking price.

On 8/24/2018 at 9:31 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Ottawa is gradually playing their position of strength into one of weakness. The longer that the guy stays on the market, the fewer the number of suitors and the less amount of return. The Knights supposedly kicked the tires on a potential deal, then backed away when they heard the asking price.

It makes me wonder if talks will pick up once the season starts, and people get cap room after putting guys on the IR.  Ducks especially, if the rumors that Kesler is out for the season are true, will have a good chunk of money coming off the books.  

2019 Free Agents.  Or I guess targets for one year rentals.  And man what a list.  I'm just listing those under 30 YO, UFA's, and probably am missing many.

https://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/2019/

That's a lot of talent about to be available.  

On 8/30/2018 at 7:15 AM, gotbeer said:

Karlsson talks are rumbling again.  Rumors are by Friday.  If that's the case, the floodgates are open on Ottawa.  

Ottawa is killing their own market. They were asking for the moon, didn't get it, and now teams know that they pretty much have to trade him.

15 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Ottawa is killing their own market. They were asking for the moon, didn't get it, and now teams know that they pretty much have to trade him.

I think Ottawa ought to just trade him without moving Ryan in the deal, they need a better return more than anything even if it meant moving him to Colorado for their own draft pick back as part of the return.

5 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Avs aren’t giving up that pick for one season of Karlsson

If the Senators are going to get a lot back, a contract extension would pretty much have to be a part of the deal. No team is going to give up the ranch for a player who would probably walk at the end of the season.

4 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

If the Senators are going to get a lot back, a contract extension would pretty much have to be a part of the deal. No team is going to give up the ranch for a player who would probably walk at the end of the season.

Yup, it'll be a conditional pick.  Like a 3rd that becomes a 1st if they resign him.  Kind of like the Ducks with Henrique.  The conditional pick was a 3rd rounder if he signed an extension.  Of course this is Ottawa we are talking about.  Their condition will be a 7th will become a 5th.  

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Yup, it'll be a conditional pick.  Like a 3rd that becomes a 1st if they resign him.  Kind of like the Ducks with Henrique.  The conditional pick was a 3rd rounder if he signed an extension.  Of course this is Ottawa we are talking about.  Their condition will be a 7th will become a 5th.  

Not the best run organization in the game, is it?

11 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Not the best run organization in the game, is it?

They do draft pretty well though. If they had been in Edmontons position all those tanking years, they would be quite well off right now.

I've lost count of how many times Ottawa has gotten mugged in trades:

The Zibanejad trade to NYR was a loss, they gave up on a younger player for an older one, NYR pulled off a great trade.

Dallas is pretty happy about the Spezza trade, they gave up very little.

I'm still happy about the Ryan trade even though Ritchie is a clunker of a 10th overall pick, they could have potentially picked Dylan Bryce Larkin there.

Toronto sent Phaneuf to the Sens for several overpaid players & then the Leafs were able to move some of those players in other trades & thus reduced payroll while Ottawa was stuck with Phaneuf until they finally were able to move him to the Kings.

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

And I continue eating popcorn.

Report: Pacioretty won't negotiate in-season

I don't get how Montreal, Ottawa, Dallas have not learned from the Tavares situation.  

Especially Montreal.

Maybe they can convince Perry that Montreal is going to be good so he waives his NMC & send them Perry + a frenchy like Comtois for Pacioretty.

Montreal probably pulls the trigger just cause of Comtois's name. If Pacioretty doesn't sign it ends up being a nice salary dump.

34 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Especially Montreal.

Maybe they can convince Perry that Montreal is going to be good so he waives his NMC & send them Perry + a frenchy like Comtois for Pacioretty.

Montreal probably pulls the trigger just cause of Comtois's name. If Pacioretty doesn't sign it ends up being a nice salary dump.

Well, Perry's favorite team growing up were the Habs.  So I like your thinking.

Although Comtois does look pretty good at only 19.

Edited by gotbeer