• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2018-19

gotbeer

17 hours ago, gotbeer said:

But it was clearly a cross check to the face.  All  4 huddled and that's what they saw.  

Look on the bright side.  If it was the Ducks, they would have called 8 major penalties.  One for each player on the ice, and one to Kesler and Perry just because.

Look at the replay. The stick was nowhere near his face. The officials weren't even going to call a penalty until after the fact. Like Jonathan Marchessault said, they penalized the end result rather than the action.

This is the last that I will have to say about it, because frankly the whole situation pisses me off so much that I can't see straight. Simply put, the Golden Knights were screwed out of a strong opportunity to play for the Cup by an awful call.

There was no high stick to the head. The replay, which was shown multiple times during the game, clearly shows that. That was a scenario constructed after the fact by the officials to explain the end result. They didn't see it, because it didn't happen.

The Sharks were essentially dead before the call was made. They had been shut out for three and a half periods, and they were down three goals.

Every analyst I have heard weigh in on the issue - ESPN, NHL Network, whatever - has said that it was a terrible call that shouldn't have been made. An NHL Network analyst, a former NHL player, said that Cody Eakin, who was kicked out of the game, pushed (did not cross check) the Sharks player. He went on to say, "If you're going to call that, you're going to have 125 penalties every game, because it happens after every faceoff."

Although Cody Eakin was kicked out of the game, the player did not fall to the ice until he was checked by Paul Stastny. If anything, you give Stastny two minutes for roughing.

The ejection was unjustified, and the officials decided on it because of the end result.

The blood on the ice resulted in part from the reopening of a prior wound that had been sutured.

The NHL called the Knights front office the next day and apologized for the call.

The officiating crew has been excluded by the league from calling games for the remainder of the playoffs. That isn't done if they made the right call.

23 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Look at the replay. The stick was nowhere near his face. The officials weren't even going to call a penalty until after the fact. Like Jonathan Marchessault said, they penalized the end result rather than the action.

I was being sarcastic.  Even when it happened I said it wasn't a penalty.  That the refs were dropped from the second round should tell you how majorly they screwed up.  I think one of them has like 120 playoff games refed or something like that, and that he's refed every conference final for like the last 7 years.  

11 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I was being sarcastic.  Even when it happened I said it wasn't a penalty.  That the refs were dropped from the second round should tell you how majorly they screwed up.  I think one of them has like 120 playoff games refed or something like that, and that he's refed every conference final for like the last 7 years.  

My apologies. It's difficult to pick up sarcasm in print sometimes.

• Chuck unpinned this topic