• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The US OPEN **OFFICIAL THREAD**

This may be one of those Opens that is won by a dull grinder type player that does nothing extraordinary, just hits fairways and greens then two putts, picking up two birdies a day without draining a 30 footer. Last win would be some Weed Eater challenge cup 3 years ago and everybody is scrambling for a bio on Sunday. Post game interview will be worse than Trout.

11 hours ago, Adam said:

Looks like a tough track again. I like it. 

I don't like the way the USGA sets up Open courses. I don't mind a challenging track at all, but their setups require players to hit shots to postage stamp sized targets, and if you miss that, you're often penalized severely. It's kind of like extreme miniature golf for adults because so many of the greens are just silly. 

I also don't think rough that's as thick as shag carpeting is necessary.

9 hours ago, Blarg said:

This may be one of those Opens that is won by a dull grinder type player that does nothing extraordinary, just hits fairways and greens then two putts, picking up two birdies a day without draining a 30 footer. Last win would be some Weed Eater challenge cup 3 years ago and everybody is scrambling for a bio on Sunday. Post game interview will be worse than Trout.

Go, Ted Potter Jr!

18 minutes ago, Tank said:

I don't like the way the USGA sets up Open courses. I don't mind a challenging track at all, but their setups require players to hit shots to postage stamp sized targets, and if you miss that, you're often penalized severely. It's kind of like extreme miniature golf for adults because so many of the greens are just silly. 

I also don't think rough that's as thick as shag carpeting is necessary.

I like it 

This is what the Open is all about. It's not the birdie fest major like the back 9 at Augusta, it's the USGA and a precision demanding difficult track. I don't like it when they don't make The Open hard enough, or the weather makes the greens too receptive. 

This is exactly what this tournament is meant to be. The rest of the season is loaded with 20 below events, but this is supposed to be the one that the course, and the game itself, take center stage and present the toughest test for the cream of the world's golfers.

Go Rickie!

Speith just bogeyed 17 and 18 to miss the cut by 1stroke. No Jordan or Rory tomorrow.

Rickie finished -1 for the day and missed a few makeable putts ...I watched his group all day (Leishman and Matsuyama) He's once again in nice position for the weekend at a major. If the putter can get hot he'll be in great shape.