• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The US OPEN **OFFICIAL THREAD**

10 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

I understand Phil's frustration with the course etc.

The USGA has really bungled this. A difficult course is now an unplayable one. 

Pebble Beach says I'll split the beer with you, mother nature, if you help me out.   

On 6/16/2018 at 11:27 AM, Homebrewer said:

Phil has a major meltdown and gets himself a nice penalty. He's got some splainin to do.

Finally saw the video today of his putt. Saw that some were calling for him to be DQ'd while others were saying this will tarnish legacy. Disagree on both counts.

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:01 PM, Tank said:

???

wouldn't a bogey be considered a crooked score?

I always considered crooked scores as double bogeys or worse.   Thought I had interpreted it as that a while back. 

Anyway, X-man had a consistent US Open (no double bogeys or worse), and wound up quietly finishing tied for 6th at +6.

Rickie has to feel like crap.    That 3rd round 84, if changed to even a 77, totally changes things for him money wise (top 5 finish). 

Were conditions that tame Sunday morning, for Fleetwood to shoot a 63????  On that course????    Just a little more faltering by Koepka, and Fleetwood goes Johnny Miller circa 1973 on the field.

Speaking of Miller, at the 1966 US Open, the one where Arnie lost a 7 shot lead over Billy Casper with 9 holes to play, Miller as a NINETEEN year-old finished tied for 8th.   Is he still the youngest ever to finish in the top 10 at a US Open? 

2 hours ago, Adam said:

Hmmm never heard of him

X-man won the Tour Championship to close the Fed Ex Cup in 2017, and finished near the top in the 2017 Fed Ex Cup standings.

Played golf at LB State his freshman year (Big West freshman of the year), and then transferred to San Diego State.