• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Los Angeles Kings Thread

Thomas

2 hours ago, nando714 said:

And they just traded Duchene to Columbus 

They really are trying to lose for Hughes for Colorado.

Vitaly Abrams 20 year old.  40 games with OHL with 78 points a year ago.  AHL 22 points in 52 games.  A first, and a conditional first.  

Duchene 58 points in 50 games 28 YO.  And Bergman 23 YO defenseman.  

I guess Abrams has potential.  But at least the pieces are falling now.  

Does anyone else think Blake loves his star veterans too much, to trade any of them?

No reason why any of Quick, Carter, and Brown couldn't be traded in the off-season now?     Yes, they will need to absorb over 50% of Brown's contract.   The other part can then be used towards rebuilding.   Campbell is ready to be #1 goalie in a rebuild.  Carter is a bit complicated, only $7 million owed on his last 3 seasons, but cap hit is $5.2 million/season.

Blake is reminding me too much of Dave Taylor.   They need another Dean Lombardi to come in, and take advantage of the 10 picks in the deep June draft.

9 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Blake is reminding me too much of Dave Taylor.   They need another Dean Lombardi to come in, and take advantage of the 10 picks in the deep June draft.

bingo.

i don't know what blake's plan is, but it doesn't look to me like he really has one.

21 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Does anyone else think Blake loves his star veterans too much, to trade any of them?

No reason why any of Quick, Carter, and Brown couldn't be traded in the off-season now?     Yes, they will need to absorb over 50% of Brown's contract.   The other part can then be used towards rebuilding.   Campbell is ready to be #1 goalie in a rebuild.  Carter is a bit complicated, only $7 million owed on his last 3 seasons, but cap hit is $5.2 million/season.

12 hours ago, Tank said:

bingo.

i don't know what blake's plan is, but it doesn't look to me like he really has one.

They tried to trade them but there just isn't a market. The rumor was a deal was in place to trade Quick to Columbus if they traded Bobrovsky. But the Blue Jackets didn't. The Kings are holding out for a first for him but clearly they didn't get any other bites. They'd love to part with Carter but his production to cap hit isn't good. And he has leverage that he could just retire if a trade doesn't suit him, killing the Kings cap. Brown was always going to be hard to move though I'm not even sure you really actually want to. His voice in the locker room during this struggle is important. Considering what it'd take to get another team to take his contract, it might not be worth it. And Lombardi is why we have all the contract issues and a dismal poor farm system. I don't know if Blake really believed this team could win this year, was told to try, or felt it necessary to try before imploding. But clearly the tea leaves have been read. Even if "retooling" is the preferred term to "rebuilding".

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Lombardi's one mistake was the big contracts to Brown and Carter, given their ages, after they had already tasted Stanley Cup success.

Then Blake compounded it with Kovalchuk's insane contract for a guy who didn't play NHL hockey for 5 years.

Kovalchuk's contract isn't a big deal. He can be offloaded easily enough when desired. His numbers aren't terrible. And the Kings aren't going to be adding big contracts for the duration of the contract

Dean trading for Gaborik defied expectations and really worked out. Signing him to a new contract didn't. Blake trading him for Dion Phaneuf was a really good job of making the best of it considering the nothing the team was getting from Gaborik

The Milan Lucic trade really hurt.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

lucic for martin jones. talk about  wanting  a do-over.

That'd be one thing.

Jones, Colin Miller and a first for one season of Lucic. /smfh

The Kings are lucky that Lucic signed in Edmonton or they'd be worse off.