• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Los Angeles Kings Thread

Thomas

14 minutes ago, Tank said:

Quick injured already and Budaj has been called up to be the backup.

Aanyone know what happened to Quick? All we ever get is the ubiquitous "lower body injury" which could be anything from a torn toenail to a ruptured groin muscle.

It says he’s day to day so I hope it’s not that serious. 

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Are they missing Brown more than it's being let on?   

that's only one piece. jon rosen doesn't think it's a very big piece. 

i have no idea.

people talk about a team being "slow" but i don't really see it. i certainly could be wrong, however.

3 hours ago, OCAngelsNotLAA said:

The only thing that is keeping me from crying myself to sleep every night as a ducks fan is the fact that the Kings are doing worse! I am a little jealous of your current draft position though

Don't worry.  At least their management won't be afraid to fire the coach or GM.  Kings will leapfrog us soon enough.

they fired stevens and nachbauer and replaced them with Desjardins (a former head coach of Vancouver) and former player and King Marco Sturm. It's on an interim basis.

Desjardins had three unspectacular years in vancouver so i'm not really expecting much from him. They need some new personnel on the ice, too. I like that they've been trying out some of the kids, but they've been rather vanilla so far and aren't really making any kind of an impression. At this point I should also admit that I've missed watching a few games/periods, so I haven't really seen anything that stood out yet.

This season feels like it's over already. Time to play for a job for next season. Hope that they can find the right coach. Maybe they can bring back Sutter . . .

Thought I would share some tears with you guys.

Ducks’ Randy Carlyle feels sympathy for fired coaching brethren

Carlyle’s own job security isn’t rock-solid, but it’s unclear if Quenneville’s sudden availability will change that. Ducks general manager Bob Murray has been patient with Carlyle and has factored in the Ducks’ league-leading 93 man-games lost to injury when evaluating Carlyle’s performance. Murray is more likely to first try to shake things up with a trade before he makes a coaching change, but his patience probably isn’t infinite. Quenneville’s availability won’t affect the Kings’ plans to have Willie Desjardins coach them on an interim basis for the rest of this season.

I guess 3 time Stanley Cup champions that pretty much resurrects an organization grows on trees.  If this was a Canadian town, or NY or hell even Chicago.  Not even considering Q would be calls for the GM's to be burned at the stake.