• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Los Angeles Kings Thread

Thomas

• Thomas pinned this topic

Trades!!!!! Looks who is back.

11 hours ago, Thomas said:

Toffoli? 

Hopefully not but I don't know how they're going to spend their money. That 70s line has been a very good line and I hope they keep them together.

Doughty's contract is up next summer and I imagine he's going to be expensive. Hope they can afford him.

37 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Almost might be worth it just for the one year commitment if the price isn't terrible, assuming they can make it work with the salary cap. It's Montreal so we should be able to fleece them. ? One last push next season.

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

I hope Kovalchuk is worth it.   $6.25 million/per season through 2020-2021 is a lot for a 35 year-old who hasn't played in the NHL since the strike shortened 2012-2013 season.

Granted he had really good KHL stats even this past season. 

If he gets 30 goals in 2 of the 3 seasons. Worth it 

sounds like the kings want to spend but being so close to the cap some familiar names might be on the trading block

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

The LA Kings and Drew Doughty are in the process of finalizing an eight-year extension. Expectation right now is the deal, likely making him the highest paid King, will be announced Sunday.

— David Pagnotta (@TheFourthPeriod) June 29, 2018

Rumor is 10.5 aav

Drew Doughty, Los Angeles Kings Agree to 8-Year Contract Extension

According to Sportsnet’s John Shannon, the average annual salary will be nearly $11 million.

He's a great defenseman.  But close to $2 million more than the second highest defenseman?  Seems like a bit much.  This would also mean for 2019-20, Kings have $12.3 million in cap space with 14 players signed.