• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels draft Jordyn Adams in the first round

Chuck

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

I'm good with that.

i'll blame his dad for letting him pass up on $3.4 million 

Kyler Murray is talking about playing one more year of CFB before signing with the Ath.  Selfishly I want him to play baseball right away.

Notes from the Jordyn Adams press conference call:

Angels "thrilled to introduce him" and that he was "quite an athlete".

Jordyn made an opening statement that he feels really good, was blessed to be a part of the organization and wants to make it known that he is happy to be a part of the Angels organization. He's ready to get to work.

As noted earlier, Adams said he has a deal in place already, but it isn't signed yet. It will be made official in the next few days.

On being selected by the Angels, it was a real "eye opener" for him and his family.

He was home with the draft with friends, family, and administrators from school. Billy Eppler made the call. He wasn't really paying attention and his dad handed him the phone. Eppler said that he loved everything about him (Adams) as a player and was ready to make it official.

On the decision between football and baseball: he has played baseball all of his life, and his skills getting better lately made it an easier decision.

As for not playing for his dad: His dad was behind him on the decision. Whatever was best for him (Jordyn) was best for him (his father).

Jordyn is aware of the depth the Angels have in the organization at the position (1st round pick last year as a CF), but said that it is up to him, his work ethic, and it will all work out.

As to why the early deal, he didn't want to get behind in the organization. He wants to get to work and acclimate.

He does not graduate until next week on the 13th.

Personal observation, another player with poise, good public speaking skills, and handled the media well. Definitely following more of a mold that we've seen with our picks over the last couple of years, especially our top picks like Adell, Marsh, Jones, Canning, etc.

14 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Except there was talk from other organizations this dude was the Angels' guy BEFORE the draft...  

I’m not saying it wasn’t but them saying it doesn’t mean much when most teams say who ever they drafted is there guy they wanted. So if the Angels has the number 1 pick they were taking him?

20 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I’m not saying it wasn’t but them saying it doesn’t mean much when most teams say who ever they drafted is there guy they wanted. So if the Angels has the number 1 pick they were taking him?

This can't be a serious question

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

i would assume they went into the draft knowing they had the 17th pick, or better yet....knowing they didn't have the first pick.... So that sort of established their focus.   Your question is Facking retarded.

Your "this is part for the course " comment ignores the fact there were other teams saying the Angels were in on this guy .... It was their interest in him that was driving him up according to many, and not the other way around... The Angels had plenty of guys predicted to go before him that did drop to them, they passed on all of them and took the guy they had been connected to.  

To be honest, I should have saved us both the time and never responded in the first place..  So, my bad.

Edited by Inside Pitch

47 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

i would assume they went into the draft knowing they had the 17th pick, or better yet....knowing they didn't have the first pick.... So that sort of established their focus.   Your question is Facking retarded.

Your "this is part for the course " comment ignores the fact there were other teams saying the Angels were in on this guy .... It was their interest in him that was driving him up according to many, and not the other way around... The Angels had plenty of guys predicted to go before him that did drop to them, they passed on all of them and took the guy they had been connected to.  

To be honest, I should have saved us both the time and never responded in the first place..  So, my bad.

My point is only every team always says this is the guy they wanted, that this is our guy unless u have the first pick we don’t really know who their first choice really was. Don’t get your panties in a wad relax. Just goofing off.