• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels draft Jordyn Adams in the first round

Chuck

8 minutes ago, krAbs said:

This seems to fit into a pattern. Eppler really likes to draft raw athleticism over kids who sure early results. I think he has a lot of faith in our staff to develop prospects into their raw tools, so he doesn't worry so much about how they look cooming in.

Also, isn't this out second outfielder in the minors who has a background in football?

Yes, Torii Jr. played football (WR like Adams) for the Domers.

38 minutes ago, krAbs said:

This seems to fit into a pattern. Eppler really likes to draft raw athleticism over kids who sure early results. I think he has a lot of faith in our staff to develop prospects into their raw tools, so he doesn't worry so much about how they look cooming in.

Also, isn't this out second outfielder in the minors who has a background in football?

Jahmai's family is extremely rooted in football too, and he was a WR in HS for a couple years before focusing on baseball full-time. Also, like Jordyn Adams, Jahmai was committed to UNC too.

Also worth noting the athletic families that Jones, Adell, and Hunter all came from as well. They're also drafting athletes who come from families of athletes. 

9 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Most smart teams. Except the NY Jets will say the guy that dropped to them was their guy all along. That’s par for the course. 

Most smart teams except the NY Jets?

Are the Jets a smart team?

Context (and punctuation) matters.

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Jahmai's family is extremely rooted in football too, and he was a WR in HS for a couple years before focusing on baseball full-time. Also, like Jordyn Adams, Jahmai was committed to UNC too.

Also worth noting the athletic families that Jones, Adell, and Hunter all came from as well. They're also drafting athletes who come from families of athletes. 

Great way to get Tar Heels to hate us.

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

How does Adams arm grade?

His arm I think grades out as average, but should be more than sufficient in CF.

We literally have three guys who appear like they can man CF - Adell, Deveaux, now Adams.

Not everyone will pan out, and of course, we kinda have CF occupied ;)  .. but that said, let's say we have Adell reach the big leagues by the end of 2019/beg 2020.  He can play in RF or LF, but since he has the athleticism to cover CF, then our 4th OF doesn't need to be a guy who can play in CF - we can just have a guy who can best serve our team overall.  That's useful for positional flexibility, etc...

20 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

His arm I think grades out as average, but should be more than sufficient in CF.

We literally have three guys who appear like they can man CF - Adell, Deveaux, now Adams.

Not everyone will pan out, and of course, we kinda have CF occupied ;)  .. but that said, let's say we have Adell reach the big leagues by the end of 2019/beg 2020.  He can play in RF or LF, but since he has the athleticism to cover CF, then our 4th OF doesn't need to be a guy who can play in CF - we can just have a guy who can best serve our team overall.  That's useful for positional flexibility, etc...

Mike Trout's arm was fringy-average when we drafted him as well. 

9 hours ago, Dave Saltzer said:

I checked with some people in a variety of organizations and was told that there was no way Adams was going to go much lower, and definitely zero chance he'd make it out of the 1st round. A couple of clubs were really hoping he'd drop to them and were ready to pounce if we didn't take him.

Where were these "sources" before the draft? I couldn't find a single mention from you about Adams before we drafted him. lol 

31 minutes ago, Lou said:

Where were these "sources" before the draft? I couldn't find a single mention from you about Adams before we drafted him. lol 

Lou... you should know people are afraid to say anything here because you might with agree with them later.

7 minutes ago, Lou said:

IP doesn't seem to worry about that, then again, his sources are legit. that's probably because his sourc are legit. he also doesn't delete posts if someone calls him out 

Who deletes their posts after you call them out?

Call them out again here