• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols numbers not encouraging

59 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

They needed to stop killing off Charlie Martin Smith characters.   He also goes MIA in Vietnam, during the American Graffiti credits. 

This will go over too many heads (sadly, because this is one of your best).

Kudos for knowing the guys name.

And if you were unlucky enough to see the sequel, youd know he faked his death in american graffiti.

2 hours ago, True Grich said:

There is a distinct difference between talking about Albert's terrible production and "hating" on him.  I'm sure you know that.  But thank you for taking my words and trying to make this about something it's not.  I made a broad statement and obviously that doesn't pertain to everyone talking about Albert.  No one is pretending he's still good.   My post is more about people thinking they know his motivations, etc.  Sorry, I wasn't more clear for you.

I'm very relaxed - but thank you for trying to make it look like I'm upset or on edge.  Again - talking about the situation is fine - but again - you know as well as I do that some people here are just pushing the same old narrative and that's what my post is more about than anything else.

I thought you were more or less addressing me in your comments.

33 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

This will go over too many heads (sadly, because this is one of your best).

Kudos for knowing the guys name.

And if you were unlucky enough to see the sequel, youd know he faked his death in american graffiti.

I had forgotten about that, granted AG II was kind of forgettable compared to AG I.   Although not as bad as the worst sequel ever, Caddieshack II

6 hours ago, FanSince'98 said:

How is medical retirement insurance fraud? It happened with Fielder, while uncommon, if a player is forced into retirement due to injury they all have insurance to cover what he would've been owed if he wasn't injured. It's kind of like professional athlete worker's compensation, but the question is does that count against our payroll or not? Not fraud. 

The Angels self insure.. 

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

So much for hit #3000 relaxing Albert and spurring him to do better:

Past 45 at bats since that game on May 4 = .222/.311/.267/.578 with 0 HRs, 2 rbis, 2 doubles, ELEVEN K's!!!!   

And obp over 300 thAt has to be years since that’s happened 

5 hours ago, Taylor said:

To be fair, in Trout's hitless games, he tends to walk at least a couple times. There was an article about how his WAR has increased in some of his hitless games.

Trout has failed to walk in 7 of his hitless games. In 6 others, he only walked once. 

1 minute ago, FanSince'98 said:

The Angel's insurance and the player's salary insurance are most likely two separate things I would think. 

The Angels have forgone that type of insurance under Arte.    Insurance on contracts typically has to be renewed every 3 years, on average only covers about 50%-60% of the total salary and the costs involved are supposedly anywhere between 10-20% of the annual salary.   

Does anybody know if it's stipulated in Albert's contract that he be cemented in the clean-up spot until he finally retires?

Scioscia moves the lineup around frequently, but never Albert, and it pisses me off every game.

So I have to believe it's either stipulated or Mike doesn't have the baseballs to move him.

49 minutes ago, Tank said:

oh good, another pujols is bad thread. looking forward to next week's installment already.

maybe some of you could wander over to the political thread to tell us refreshing news that trump has no morals and is a terrible human being.

He only had to better than than the other candidate to win.  I really am not sure why people obsess over having a weird guy in the White House when election night revealed people thought the alternative was worse.

Yes we got a 6 ounce filet of shit, lettuce, and tomato sandwich for lunch.  Its kind of dumb to complain about it when the only other thing on the menu was a 20 ounce bowl of diahrrea soup.

25 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

He makes me ill when I fast forward through his at bats on the dvr.

Whoever says he has two pancake griddles for feet when he runs is spot on.

Can't wait until he is off the roster.  Hope it's today.

He will finish out his contract and will be made the next manager of the Angels. Then he will pencil himself in the 4 spot in the line up.

20 hours ago, yvangelfan said:

Does anybody know if it's stipulated in Albert's contract that he be cemented in the clean-up spot until he finally retires?

Scioscia moves the lineup around frequently, but never Albert, and it pisses me off every game.

So I have to believe it's either stipulated or Mike doesn't have the baseballs to move him.

He moved him from the #3 spot, where he was hitting from for five years. 

I am laughing right now. . .my friend said having Pujols stuck on the Angel roster for an Angel fan probably feels like a husband feels when he realizes his wife, who over the last few years has added a couple of pounds here and there, is now like 90 lb overweight and he has that moment where says to himself, "Oh my God.  This is it. . .I am 37 years old and I married to a fat lady."

Angel fan:  Not only is he stuck on the roster, he bats 4th, which just makes the problem even more frustrating, embarrassing and nasty.

Husband: Not only am I married to her, she wears a G string at the community pool everyday, which just makes the problem even more frustrating, embarrassing and nasty.