• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A Few Thoughts

3 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

Coming from the guy who said Shohei should not hit the day before he pitches because the opposing pitcher might break his hand.... brilliant logic!

there will be a point when it happens sooner rather than later. They are not going to risk losing there jobs because they would rather be fired than Pujols having a bruised ego.

The management from two franchises had that policy of not have Ohtani phat the game before he pitches.  So please explain why 8 should trust your opinion over them.

AND I EXPLAINED IN AN EARLIER POST I WAS "I LET MY EMOTIONS GET TO ME". RIght now turning into an ass.

2 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Because of his contract and his milestone which brings publicity and crowds to the stadium.  No way in hell would any GM cut Pujols, eat the rest of his contract just to keep Cron.

Cron is not that good of a player.  Remember the stats your quoting are in Tampa.  Had he been here it would be different.

So if a few games in the won loss column are not a big deal to you guys..... than for those that really feel that way you really need to quit crying when the Angels lose. After all a game here or there should not matter to you.

And if the Angels lose out on the playoffs by 2-3 games than you have no reason to cry about that either.

I do not give one iota about milestones. Or attendance on that night if that makes Arte a few extra bucks.

I know Cron is not a world beater.... but my whole point if you read what I had said was that he is a better player than what we are now running with.

it's not cutting Pujols because Cron is so awesome..... it is moving on from Pujols because he know longer is a good baseball player.

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

They could..   They won't for various reasons but, there is no reason they couldn't if they wanted to.  The AP contract is in fact a sunk cost.

My point is they won't.  Not with three years left and the person your kmdumping him for is Cron.

Now I really believe if they had a choice in order to get Harper if they dump Pujols they would eat the contract.

34 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

That goes both ways Dick. If you want to start talking about hitter friendly parks & marine layer Big A than you should be more tolerant of players when they come here and only hit .261 instead of hitting. 281.... & give them more credit.

Famous Kold streak? How do you know he has not already had it..... I could just as easily say he is due to go on a hot streak and he is not a .281 hitter but a .300 hitter.

1. Give me an example of a player I wasn’t tolerant with that hit .281 somewhere else and came here and hit .261.

2. We’ll check back in September and take a look Cron’s numbers. I doubt that he will be hitting .280 or better. If he is, I’ll gladly say I was wrong.

11 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Lmao at your comment that they could get rid of Pujols.  Get back into reality

Who is being the smart ass first? 

If they fire a GM because his first priority is to win games than fine. I actually think Eppler has job security.

remember this conversation the next time Pujols waves at strike three or grounds into a DP. Yesterday we lost a close extra innings game. Pujols sucked last night. Cron had a couple of hits including a HR.... on a night where the Angels offense was bad and stranded a lot of runners.... so when the season ends and we lose out on the division by a couple of games.... it will be games like this that cost the whole season for everybody.

But if you think Pujols comes before the ENTIRE rest of the organization.... than you have the right to feel the way you do.

5 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

So if a few games in the won loss column are not a big deal to you guys..... than for those that really feel that way you really need to quit crying when the Angels lose. After all a game here or there should not matter to you.

And if the Angels lose out on the playoffs by 2-3 games than you have no reason to cry about that either.

I do not give one iota about milestones. Or attendance on that night if that makes Arte a few extra bucks.

I know Cron is not a world beater.... but my whole point if you read what I had said was that he is a better player than what we are now running with.

it's not cutting Pujols because Cron is so awesome..... it is moving on from Pujols because he know longer is a good baseball player.

Let me say it again.  Maybe it will sink in.  YOUR DONT TELL YOUR OWNER WE ARE DUMPING PUJOLS TO KEEP CRON AND KEEP YOUR JOB.  I know a lot of haters would disagree with my statement but it's not going to happen .  Cron is not that good and there is a significant investment in Pujols that more than his statistics  

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

Let me say it again.  Maybe it will sink in.  YOUR DONT TELL YOUR OWNER WE ARE DUMPING PUJOLS TO KEEP CRON AND KEEP YOUR JOB.  I know a lot of haters would disagree with my statement but it's not going to happen .  Cron is not that good and there is a significant investment in Pujols that more than his statistics  

It won’t sink in.  He is pot committed to this.   He will die on this mountain.   

Just now, Griffey's Corner said:

Who is being the smart ass first? 

If they fire a GM because his first priority is to win games than fine. I actually think Eppler has job security.

remember this conversation the next time Pujols waves at strike three or grounds into a DP. Yesterday we lost a close extra innings game. Pujols sucked last night. Cron had a couple of hits including a HR.... on a night where the Angels offense was bad and stranded a lot of runners.... so when the season ends and we lose out on the division by a couple of games.... it will be games like this that cost the whole season for everybody.

But if you think Pujols comes before the ENTIRE rest of the organization.... than you have the right to feel the way you do.

You are!  I explained my position ohtani and want to mock it.  Plus it's not realm of reality that they releasing Pujols for Cron.

You as a fan has the luxury to say Pujols sucks.  As a GM they know there is an investment in Pujols that the owner going to get throw away.  

6 minutes ago, stormngt said:

My point is they won't.  Not with three years left and the person your kmdumping him for is Cron.

Now I really believe if they had a choice in order to get Harper if they dump Pujols they would eat the contract.

Your point is that Harper would make a big difference.... & I am assuming but maybe you think the difference between Harper vs. Pujols is 10 wins a season? But that maybe the difference between Cron vs. Pujols is 2-3 wins a season..... My argument is that those 2-3 wins are very important.

1 minute ago, Griffey's Corner said:

Your point is that Harper would make a big difference.... & I am assuming but maybe you think the difference between Harper vs. Pujols is 10 wins a season? But that maybe the difference between Cron vs. Pujols is 2-3 wins a season..... My argument is that those 2-3 wins are very important.

I don't think cron will ever get 2 win war even in Tampa and i dont trust WAR as a measurement anymore. I am not a slave to quantitative analysis 

I dont ser that much positive addition to Cron over Pujols.  

6 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

1. Give me an example of a player I wasn’t tolerant with that hit .281 somewhere else and came here and hit .261.

2. We’ll check back in September and take a look Cron’s numbers. I doubt that he will be hitting .280 or better. If he is, I’ll gladly say I was wrong.

Really. LOL.

Okay um this is so hard...... Vernon Wells had a great season before he came to the Angels..... there is your 1 example. I can give you a lot more.....LOL.

You do realize that 20 points on a batting average is like 1 hit a month? One ball that instead of going over the fence is a warning track out.

2. Yes let us do that. I hope Cron goes into a slump and hits .199..... and do you want to know why..... Because I love my angels. 

That .199 batting average sounds so familiar......Oh that's right that is what Valbuena hit last year.

2 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

In 1500 plate appearances with the Angels, Cron amassed a 2.7 WAR...he has no speed, he has no glove, and he plays one position.  Quit pretending you were expecting anything meaningful from him this season.  Cron's only annual distinction is when he'd be sent to minors to "work on his swing".

The season has just started so I am still making a bold prediction.

I believe Cron will hit around .280 and hit at least 30 HR's..... he has 7 so far I believe?

His glove was average.... better than Pujols and his crappy range. Not many 1b have speed. Most players only play one position. How many positions does Pujols play? What was Pujols WAR last year?

4 minutes ago, stormngt said:

I don't think cron will ever get 2 win war even in Tampa and i dont trust WAR as a measurement anymore. I am not a slave to quantitative analysis 

I dont ser that much positive addition to Cron over Pujols.  

Thanks, you just proved my point. You yourself admitted there is a difference. Again I do not care about salary and that giving a player preferential treatment. Any difference over the course of 162 games is going to cost the Angels.

And to be real clear on releasing Pujols that was not necessarily the person I would have jettisoned to make room for Cron..... Valbuena seems fairly worthless to me as well. I would have been in favor of getting rid of either one.

That should satisfy the board members who get excited & aroused for Pujols.

In regards to Pujols you sit his butt on the bench and possible force him to retire. Or do a partial pay out..... or worse case a full buy out.

Just now, Griffey's Corner said:

I believe Cron will hit around .280 and hit at least 30 HR's..... he has 7 so far I believe?

His glove was average.... better than Pujols and his crappy range. Not many 1b have speed. Most players only play one position. How many positions does Pujols play? What was Pujols WAR last year?

Pujols is making close to $30 mil so he's not sitting or being released.  Valbuena can play 1B and 3B while Cron is limited in all aspects of his game.  As soon as Ohtani committed to the Angels, Cron's days were numbered.  When you stop being an armchair GM and actually have the responsibility to eat a shitload of salary, and actually do it, I'll be impressed...otherwise these conjectures are meaningless.  

1 minute ago, SuperTroopers said:

Only on AW can we have a guy say Eric Young Jr (1.6 career WAR) has had a better career than Chris Young (16 career WAR) and that same person question someone else’s logic. 

I never cited WAR between the 2 players. I am giving you my opinion of who I wanted on the team for 2018. 

The funny thing is when Chris was signed most of you were saying it was a dumb signing.... too funny.

2 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Only on AW can we have a guy say Eric Young Jr (1.6 career WAR) has had a better career than Chris Young (16 career WAR) and that same person question someone else’s logic. 

But he really, really, really wants to win...that itself is worth a gazillion WAR

9 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

Thanks, you just proved my point. You yourself admitted there is a difference. Again I do not care about salary and that giving a player preferential treatment. Any difference over the course of 162 games is going to cost the Angels.

No, you just cant comprehend the business of the game.  Pujols is not getting released for CJ (never played a full year in the majors because always get demoted) Cron.  You treat Cron like he is an above average player.  He isn't an above average player.

3 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Pujols is making close to $30 mil so he's not sitting or being released.  Valbuena can play 1B and 3B while Cron is limited in all aspects of his game.  As soon as Ohtani committed to the Angels, Cron's days were numbered.  When you stop being an armchair GM and actually have the responsibility to eat a shitload of salary, and actually do it, I'll be impressed...otherwise these conjectures are meaningless.  

Again for the challenged..... why do we need 3 third baseman???????????????? We have Cozart already. We have Marte already. In a pinch probably even Kinsler or Fletcher could play 3B. I do not care that Valbuena can go out there and play crappy defense at 3B. A lot of guys could go out there and play crappy defense.... that does not make them versatile..... and even if it did I do not need 3 of them.

You guys whine & cry and play armchair GM all the time.... all the time.... the constant whining like little women..... so what are you talking about when I make some basic observations that the majority of the board has already even mentioned.

this is a baseball message board.... if I want to play armchair Gm than I will..... you guys should take less estrogen when the Angels lose.

16 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

I will concede you were right if Cron has the stats your predicting at the end of the season.