• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A Few Thoughts

27 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

cause he’s in the hitter friendly AL East, doesn’t play have his games at the Big A, and hasn’t had one of his famous Kold streaks yet.

That goes both ways Dick. If you want to start talking about hitter friendly parks & marine layer Big A than you should be more tolerant of players when they come here and only hit .261 instead of hitting. 281.... & give them more credit.

Famous Kold streak? How do you know he has not already had it..... I could just as easily say he is due to go on a hot streak and he is not a .281 hitter but a .300 hitter.

1 minute ago, SuperTroopers said:

What are Cron’s defensive numbers at third base?

Why does that matter? I am not playing him at third. I am not looking to have a 3B other than Cozart & Marte.... the whole discussion I started was of only keeping 2 of 3 of Valbuena, Pujols, & Cron..... I would have kept the younger, faster, cheaper, and more productive player..... Can you guess witch one that is????????

Just now, Griffey's Corner said:

Why does that matter? I am not playing him at third. I am not looking to have a 3B other than Cozart & Marte.... the whole discussion I started was of only keeping 2 of 3 of Valbuena, Pujols, & Cron..... I would have kept the younger, faster, cheaper, and more productive player..... Can you guess witch one that is????????

Well it matters because he would need to be able to play third to be on our team.  

Just now, SuperTroopers said:

Well it matters because he would need to be able to play third to be on our team.  

Your numbers are wrong. I only need to keep 2 of 3. Between Valbuena, Pujols, & Cron. The Angels elected to keep Valbuena & Pujols and get rid of Cron. I would not have done that.

We already have at least 2 other 3B on the roster in Cozart & Marte..... what part of this is confusing to you? 

Your numbers are wrong. I only need to keep 2 of 3. Between Valbuena, Pujols, & Cron. The Angels elected to keep Valbuena & Pujols and get rid of Cron. I would not have done that.

We already have at least 2 other 3B on the roster in Cozart & Marte..... what part of this is confusing to you? 

The part where you can’t have two first baseman only on a team with a short bench.  

15 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

Actually none of your numbers are right. That's a little embarrassing..... a casual Angels fan should know that Valbuena is not hitting .286.

Because his numbers he posted say May numbers.  

15 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

I had a feeling Cron was going to do well with the Rays. Gets a lot more playing time and gets to hit in a lot of hitter friendly ballparks in the AL East. Sounds fun, doesn't it? 

beyond all that. Baseball is about playing with confidence and being relaxed and not looking over your shoulder all the time.

the Angels have always been jerking Cron around. Sitting on the bench or sending him back to the minors. Just tell him he is your guy and pencil him in the lineup everyday. That 6 for 6 game at fenway was not a fluke.

9 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

Actually none of your numbers are right. That's a little embarrassing..... a casual Angels fan should know that Valbuena is not hitting .286.

He gave you Valbuena's numbers in May...    Being condescending only works If you arent the one failing to follow along.

18 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

What your missing is we needed someone who could play both 1b and 3b.  As we are not getting rid of Pujols.  Today Pujols is at 3b so who plays 3b if Simmons is out and Pujols is DH?

2 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

The part where you can’t have two first baseman only on a team with a short bench.  

LOL. Right now the Angels roster consists of Marte, Valbuena, Pujols. they managed to keep all 3. They could have easily kept Cron and gotten rid of either Valbuena... we do not need 3 third baseman..... or they could have gotten rid of multi versatile Pujols. 

Can you explain to me why you feel the need that the Angels need to go 3 deep at third base?

3 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

LOL. Right now the Angels roster consists of Marte, Valbuena, Pujols. they managed to keep all 3. They could have easily kept Cron and gotten rid of either Valbuena... we do not need 3 third baseman..... or they could have gotten rid of multi versatile Pujols. 

Can you explain to me why you feel the need that the Angels need to go 3 deep at third base?

Can you tell me the logic of having two first baseman only on a team?

10 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Because his numbers he posted say May numbers.  

All it says is May 2018. Is that meant to say JUST for the month of May. Or it can also be taken as up thru May 2018..... be a little more clear in what you are trying to say. And for the record why do I give a rip about what Valbuena has done in just the month of May? The sample size of the whole season is already small enough.... and than you dilute it further by taking a handful of games that Valbuena has played in for this month that is not even half over????????

3 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

Marte can also play the OF...  He actually logged more innings in LF than 3B for the Angels in 2016.   

9 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

Lmao at your comment that they could get rid of Pujols.  Get back into reality

9 minutes ago, stormngt said:

What your missing is we needed someone who could play both 1b and 3b.  For we ate not getting rid of Pujols.  Today Pujols is at 3b so who plays 3b if Simmons is out and Pujols is DH?

Why are we so quick to say Pujols is above being cut or benched? If you bench him he might just walk away & retire. Last year he was one of the worst players in all of baseball. The money is a sunk cost.... do we have to lose games as well? That was one of my original points.

Why are we so quick to say Pujols is above being cut or benched? If you bench him he might just walk away & retire. Last year he was one of the worst players in all of baseball. The money is a sunk cost.... do we have to lose games as well? That was one of my original points.

Because of his contract and his milestone which brings publicity and crowds to the stadium.  No way in hell would any GM cut Pujols, eat the rest of his contract just to keep Cron.

Cron is not that good of a player.  Remember the stats your quoting are in Tampa.  Had he been here it would be different.

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

Lmao at your comment that they could get rid of Pujols.  Get back into reality

Coming from the guy who said Shohei should not hit the day before he pitches because the opposing pitcher might break his hand.... brilliant logic!

there will be a point when it happens sooner rather than later. They are not going to risk losing there jobs because they would rather be fired than Pujols having a bruised ego.

1 minute ago, Griffey's Corner said:

Coming from the guy who said Shohei should not hit the day before he pitches because the opposing pitcher might break his hand.... brilliant logic!

there will be a point when it happens sooner rather than later. They are not going to risk losing there jobs because they would rather be fired than Pujols having a bruised ego.

Quit being a smart ass.  I have had more respect for than that.  You cant win the argument to you go to insults.  Let me help you out GM wannabe....no way in hell do you tell the owner you getting rid of Pujols for CJ Cron and keep your job. 

Sorry for the insults but you turned into the smart ass first.