• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jaime Barria - MLB call up

Is this confirmed or will it just happen later this week?

I think it's highly doubtful it happens today as they can use the extra relief arms until he's slotted to pitch. Today is Richards turn and tomorrow Skaggs goes. Wednesday is TBD, Thursday is TBD, Friday is TBD, Saturday is Richards again, Sunday is Ohtani. 

Tropeano pitched on Thursday so he should go Wednesday. Heaney pitched Friday so he can go Thursday. Then Barria on Friday I suppose? 

Everyone can then repeat next week as well, I guess as we have Monday off. 

Shoemaker may be eligible to come back this week, but maybe he isn't ready.

Looking at the rotation in the next 5 days, we have:

Richards

Skaggs

??

??

??

So I am guessing "??" is Heaney, Tropeano, and Barria in some order.  I imagine either Tropeano or Barria will be sent right back down after their start and a bullpen piece will be called up in their place.

Bridwell, Tropeano, and Barria are going to get shuttled back and forth between AAA a lot this year, IMO.

13 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

On this note, I do think it's odd he's getting called up today if he's not due to start for a few games.  Wouldn't it be more prudent to keep the relievers for now, then call him up on the day he's due to start?

They may want to supervise his off day throwing or go over his sequencing.    

Posted this in the minor league/prospects thread..

Man if somehow our rotation could look like this all season..

Richards, Ohtani, Heaney, Skaggs,  Barria & Tropeano... With Bridwell and others as fill-in starters. Damn

If Shoemaker and Ramirez come back from injury, I'd work them both  back slowly out of the pen. Both could be pretty good options in short term situations or long relief IMO. 

19 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I'm not counting on Shoe or Ramirez.    Might be time to move to the pen for both.

Not sure I'd worry about the pen for now.....at least until we see what the injuries involve...you have to think both are likely out for awhile, maybe a long while...

14 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

I think Barria is up for this one start, then sent back down in exchange for a reliever.  Heaney and Tropeano will stay up and in the rotation.  By the time we need our next 6th starter (late next week), we can call Bridwell back up for that spot start.

Tropeano hasn't been called up, has he?

Just now, Angelsjunky said:

If Barria pitches well, why would he be sent down? Heaney will obviously come up, but I wouldn't be surprised if they let Tropeano stretch out a bit in AAA, considering he hasn't pitched much in two years.

Service time man.  I know that sounds somewhat callous, but teams do try to keep players down for most of April to squeeze an extra year of control.  If an AAA player stays down most of April, the team gains one extra year of control vs if they are up in the big leagues from the start of the year.

I mean if Barria comes up and completely shuts down the Rangers, then I agree he could stay up, but anything less than total domination and he probably goes back down.