• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Active shooter at YouTube HQ in San Bruno

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Maybe interview her, for starters?

How many calls do you figure a given law enforcement desk gets in a day? And how many about what people might do but haven’t actually done? What percentage of manpower resources should be allotted to the crimes not yet committed squad?

25 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

How many calls do you figure a given law enforcement desk gets in a day? And how many about what people might do but haven’t actually done? What percentage of manpower resources should be allotted to the crimes not yet committed squad?

It was more than just calls. Police had contact with her on Tuesday morning in Mountain View and were made aware of her anger towards YouTube.

CBS News:

The father told CBS2 News’ reporter Tina Patel that the woman identified as Nasim Aghdam had gone missing for a few days. He said he had called law enforcement in the San Diego area because he was concerned about her recent ire towards YouTube.

He said law enforcement authorities contacted him Tuesday at 2 a.m., telling him they had found his daughter safe in her car in Mountain View in Northern California. When the family realized that was near YouTube headquarters in San Bruno, they told police about her recent complaints about how the company was “ruining her life.” They claim police told them they would be keeping an eye on her.

So they had calls and they contacted her.  I think Arch's point still stands - what else are they supposed to do?  Maybe TORS or one of the other cops can chime in but I don't believe they can detain someone without charging them unless that person is a threat to themselves or others.  Unless they found her in her car with an arsenal and/or she was combative when talking to them I don't think there's much they can do.  How many people on social media and in general complain about such and such ruining their lives?  Can't detain or track all of them every minute of every day.

4 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

So they had calls and they contacted her.  I think Arch's point still stands - what else are they supposed to do?  Maybe TORS or one of the other cops can chime in but I don't believe they can detain someone without charging them unless that person is a threat to themselves or others.  Unless they found her in her car with an arsenal and/or she was combative when talking to them I don't think there's much they can do.  How many people on social media and in general complain about such and such ruining their lives?  Can't detain or track all of them every minute of every day.

Yep. I believe probable cause is needed

On 4/4/2018 at 8:27 AM, fan_since79 said:

It was more than just calls. Police had contact with her on Tuesday morning in Mountain View and were made aware of her anger towards YouTube.

CBS News:

The father told CBS2 News’ reporter Tina Patel that the woman identified as Nasim Aghdam had gone missing for a few days. He said he had called law enforcement in the San Diego area because he was concerned about her recent ire towards YouTube.

He said law enforcement authorities contacted him Tuesday at 2 a.m., telling him they had found his daughter safe in her car in Mountain View in Northern California. When the family realized that was near YouTube headquarters in San Bruno, they told police about her recent complaints about how the company was “ruining her life.” They claim police told them they would be keeping an eye on her.

So today for example, we were sent to chase bank because a guy on twitter went off calling them out, calling them nazis and the N word (which doesnt really make sense). He threatened ones here in OC, then said he was headed for the branch on the east coast.

We contscted the bank, made a report. Then went on to the next call. Were at call 341 of the day currently. Theres 12 of us working right now. Im stuck at the hospital with a guy who stabbed his GF then ODd (i doubt he makes it, hes in a coma), so im out of the fight. That leaves the other 11 guys to handle the 20 calls that come in per hour and hope none of them end up extended, like a crash, arrest etc.

This is a normal day.

Unless there is some sort of credible threat, or someone youre already looking to arrest, neither my agency or any other out there has the ability to shadow someone 24/7. 

Thr family saying something as vague as "she hates youtube" isnt going to light the fires, so to speak. Im going to handle 5 or so criminal threats calls every 12 hour shift i work. But i cant sit and pull security in front of that persons house all day....unless i ignore the next crash, guy stabs his girlfriend, OD and all the other things people call me for.

10 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

So today for example, we were sent to chase bank because a guy on twitter went off calling them out, calling them nazis and the N word (which doesnt really make sense). He threatened ones here in OC, then said he was headed for the branch on the east coast.

We contscted the bank, made a report. Then went on to the next call. Were at call 341 of the day currently. Theres 12 of us working right now. Im stuck at the hospital with a guy who stabbed his GF then ODd (i doubt he makes it, hes in a coma), so im out of the fight. That leaves the other 11 guys to handle the 20 calls that come in per hour and hope none of them end up extended, like a crash, arrest etc.

This is a normal day.

Unless there is some sort of credible threat, or someone youre already looking to arrest, neither my agency or any other out there has the ability to shadow someone 24/7. 

Thr family saying something as vague as "she hates youtube" isnt going to light the fires, so to speak. Im going to handle 5 or so criminal threats calls every 12 hour shift i work. But i cant sit and pull security in front of that persons house all day....unless i ignore the next crash, guy stabs his girlfriend, OD and all the other things people call me for.

Seriously you should consider some other line of work, that's crazy.

This is a normal day.

So I'm sure you have time to check up on some homeless encampment, or SJW protest parade right?

And ill add to the above, that the coppers who talked to her prior to the incident may not even work for the city where the incident happened. If i contact someone in santa ana, and they head off to garden grove to do something, thats out of my hands.

I would like to know your opinion on the proposed California law about when officers can use their firearms.

11 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

This is a normal day.

Slacker.

Joking aside this hits on something I almost responded to FS79 with the first time around.  A large city like San Fran has roughly 28 cops for every 10,000 citizens and dedicating resources to watching someone who hasn't been violent just isn't possible.  You mentioned 5 criminal threats every shift but I can't even imagine how many calls you get where you're basically acting like a middle school homeroom teacher playing mediator between two people who likely live together, are neighbors or know each other.  If no one's turned violent or made a threat (like the shooter) obviously you can only dedicate so much time before it's on to the next call to see how serious it is.